Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.

—Romans 8:26 (KJV)

Thoughts on Today's Verse...​


Isn't it incredible! Even in those times that my words are blocked and my heart is heavy, God hears my prayers. It is not because I am articulate, wise, or faithful enough to pray as I should. No, it is because God has graciously placed his Spirit in our hearts to make known what my words cannot capture and my mind cannot verbalize. God hears my groanings, my yearnings, my heartbreaks, and my heart-cries. He knows what I cannot think, but only feel. Through the work of the Holy Spirit, he answers those unuttered prayers with his presence, grace, and power.

My Prayer...​


Father, I am comforted by the assurance that even if I don't know what to say, you know what I cannot articulate. I trust you to answer my longings as you see fit, for I know that you know what I need far more than I know how to ask for it. In Jesus' name, and with full confidence in the Holy Spirit, I pray. Amen.

All scripture quotations, unless otherwise indicated, are taken from the HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION. © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by International Bible Society. Used by permission of Zondervan Publishing House.
OW7qUl4ReYk


Continue reading...
 

Latest Activity (auto refresh)

Loading…

Similar Requests

  • Article Article
He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things? —Romans 8:32 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... If God gave up his Son to save us, what will he not do to bless, guide, and keep us? That's Paul's point in our verse...
Replies
0
Views
69
  • Article Article
Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered. —Romans 8:26 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... Isn't it incredible! Even in those times when we...
Replies
0
Views
400
  • Article Article
Wherefore receive ye one another, as Christ also received us to the glory of God. —Romans 15:7 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... I hate racism and exclusivity. But my loathing does not match God's revulsion at these things. On the other hand, we can anticipate the choir of heaven (Revelation...
Replies
0
Views
97
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Forum statistics

Threads
2,093,317
Messages
16,798,014
Members
649,848
Latest member
Syluyrior

Latest Blogs & Articles

Back
Top Bottom