Today's Verse - Romans 12:11 (KJV)

Not slothful in business; fervent in spirit; serving the Lord;

—Romans 12:11 (KJV)

Thoughts on Today's Verse...​


Paul is emphatic that Jesus' disciples must be full of spiritual fervor to serve the LORD. Jesus was even more emphatic that God wants us to be passionate about our Christian life. He told the believers in Laodicea to repent and be passionate when he said:
"I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were either one or the other! So because you are lukewarm — neither hot nor cold — I am about to spit you out of my mouth." (Rev. 3:15-16)

Jesus has done so much to redeem us. Let's live passionately for the LORD, and "Never be lacking in zeal, but keep [our] spiritual fervor"!

My Prayer...​


Holy LORD and King of the Ages, I confess: I have sometimes let my spiritual fire die down and my spiritual fervor wane. Jesus, please have the Spirit come with holy fire, kindling a renewed zeal and passion for you in me as I live my life and influence those around me. I want to zealously and shamelessly pursue your mission in today's world and live a vibrant life that shows I love Jesus as my LORD! I ask this in Jesus' name and to honor you, Father. Amen.

All scripture quotations, unless otherwise indicated, are taken from the HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION. © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by International Bible Society. Used by permission of Zondervan Publishing House.

Continue reading...
 

Latest Activity (auto refresh)

Loading…

Similar Requests

  • Article Article
For as we have many members in one body, and all members have not the same office: So we, being many, are one body in Christ, and every one members one of another. —Romans 12:4-5 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... Three key realities of our discipleship are belonging, usefulness, and...
Replies
0
Views
109
  • Article Article
For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith. —Romans 12:3 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... The wisdom of heaven...
Replies
0
Views
119
  • Article Article
Rejoice with them that do rejoice, and weep with them that weep. —Romans 12:15 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... We are not alone. God promised that he would never leave us or forsake us (Hebrews 13:5-6). He has given us Jesus' family to find support and share our joys. Along the way, we...
Replies
0
Views
103
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Forum statistics

Threads
2,093,194
Messages
16,797,048
Members
649,752
Latest member
Phuance

Latest Blogs & Articles

Back
Top Bottom