Today's Verse - Psalm 84:11 (KJV)

For the LORD God is a sun and shield: the LORD will give grace and glory: no good thing will he withhold from them that walk uprightly.

—Psalm 84:11 (KJV)

Thoughts on Today's Verse...​


Isn't it wonderful that God doesn't hold back on his goodness? The Father loves to give his children gifts. These gifts are all-encompassing. These gifts are gladly given. How do I know? Three ways:
  1. God has repeatedly blessed us.
  2. We can see what God has done to bless his people throughout the centuries.
  3. God's Scriptures promise this to be true.
God does not withhold from us! But what happens if we are not blameless? None of us are blameless on our own, yet in Christ, God sees us as his blameless children if we keep pursuing Jesus. As we do, the LORD blesses us with grace upon grace (John 1:16)

Video Commentary...​



ToGather Worship Guide | More ToGather Videos


My Prayer...​


Father, thank you for the many blessings you have poured into my life. I want to list several that are on my heart today. (Make a list of things you are thankful for and share them with God as we pray.) Most of all, Father, thank you for the gift of your Son and my Savior who allows me to come before you "holy in [your] sight, without blemish and free from accusation."* I get to come before you confidently, knowing I will receive your gracious gifts and loving promises. In Jesus' name, I rejoice as I pray to you. Amen.


* Colossians 1:22-23.

All scripture quotations, unless otherwise indicated, are taken from the HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION. © ###, ###, ###, ### by International Bible Society. Used by permission of Zondervan Publishing House.

Continue reading...
 

Latest Activity (auto refresh)

Loading…

Similar Requests

  • Article Article
For the LORD God is a sun and shield: the LORD will give grace and glory: no good thing will he withhold from them that walk uprightly. —Psalm 84:11-12 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... These promises are made to the true worshiper of God (Psalm 84:1-10). This worshiper delights to be in the...
Replies
1
Views
770
  • Article Article
I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help. My help cometh from the LORD, which made heaven and earth. —Psalm 121:1-2 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... In a world of startling beauty and a universe of dazzling diversity, our hearts are to be drawn back to the One who...
Replies
0
Views
97
  • Article Article
Yet the LORD will command his lovingkindness in the day time, and in the night his song shall be with me, and my prayer unto the God of my life. —Psalm 42:8 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... I have always loved music. To this day, songs help unlock the part of me that is most open to God...
Replies
0
Views
81
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Forum statistics

Threads
2,093,176
Messages
16,796,881
Members
649,725
Latest member
Kroalxath

Latest Blogs & Articles

Back
Top Bottom