Today's Verse - Psalm 71:9 (KJV)

Cast me not off in the time of old age; forsake me not when my strength faileth.

—Psalm 71:9 (KJV)

Thoughts on Today's Verse...​


We live in an age where those who are older are often shoved aside, ignored, and forgotten. This is true in the professional world with employees and advancement. This is also true in churches which often find themselves pandering to those who are younger or more financially powerful while forgetting the aging, widowed, and powerless. Let's remember that God cares what happens to each one of us, no matter our status, stature, or age. Let's treat each other with love and kindness regardless of our age.

My Prayer...​


Almighty God, I know that promised never leave or forsake me (Hebrews 13:5-6). I believe your promise that nothing can separate me from your love for me in Christ Jesus (Romans 8:32-39). But Father, I see so many who are older and forgotten that I must admit that I am a bit frightened that I, too, will face loneliness and feebleness as I grow older. Please give me the confidence to cast my anxieties on you and trust in your loving presence (1 Peter 5:7). Father, I pray that you will be glorified in my body in life and death, health and sickness, and youth and age. In Jesus' glorious name, I pray. Amen.

All scripture quotations, unless otherwise indicated, are taken from the HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION. © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by International Bible Society. Used by permission of Zondervan Publishing House.

Continue reading...
 
Cast me not off in the time of old age; forsake me not when my strength faileth.

—Psalm 71:9 (KJV)

Thoughts on Today's Verse...​


We live in an age where those who are older are often shoved aside, ignored, and forgotten. This is true in the professional world with employees and advancement. This is also true in churches which often find themselves pandering to those who are younger or more financially powerful while forgetting the aging, widowed, and powerless. Let's remember that God cares what happens to each one of us, no matter our status, stature, or age. Let's treat each other with love and kindness regardless of our age.

My Prayer...​


Almighty God, I know that promised never leave or forsake me (Hebrews 13:5-6). I believe your promise that nothing can separate me from your love for me in Christ Jesus (Romans 8:32-39). But Father, I see so many who are older and forgotten that I must admit that I am a bit frightened that I, too, will face loneliness and feebleness as I grow older. Please give me the confidence to cast my anxieties on you and trust in your loving presence (1 Peter 5:7). Father, I pray that you will be glorified in my body in life and death, health and sickness, and youth and age. In Jesus' glorious name, I pray. Amen.

All scripture quotations, unless otherwise indicated, are taken from the HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION. © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by International Bible Society. Used by permission of Zondervan Publishing House.

Continue reading...
The Lord, full of mercy and compassion will never leave us, even in our old age and when everyone has left us, Jesus will come on our way and lead us all to His glorious throne in heaven.
 
Cast me not off in the time of old age; forsake me not when my strength faileth.

—Psalm 71:9 (KJV)

Thoughts on Today's Verse...​


We live in an age where those who are older are often shoved aside, ignored, and forgotten. This is true in the professional world with employees and advancement. This is also true in churches which often find themselves pandering to those who are younger or more financially powerful while forgetting the aging, widowed, and powerless. Let's remember that God cares what happens to each one of us, no matter our status, stature, or age. Let's treat each other with love and kindness regardless of our age.

My Prayer...​


Almighty God, I know that promised never leave or forsake me (Hebrews 13:5-6). I believe your promise that nothing can separate me from your love for me in Christ Jesus (Romans 8:32-39). But Father, I see so many who are older and forgotten that I must admit that I am a bit frightened that I, too, will face loneliness and feebleness as I grow older. Please give me the confidence to cast my anxieties on you and trust in your loving presence (1 Peter 5:7). Father, I pray that you will be glorified in my body in life and death, health and sickness, and youth and age. In Jesus' glorious name, I pray. Amen.

All scripture quotations, unless otherwise indicated, are taken from the HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION. © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by International Bible Society. Used by permission of Zondervan Publishing House.

Continue reading...
Do not forget your parents when they are old and weak. Be with them, help them and obey God's word.
 

Latest Activity (auto refresh)

Loading…

Similar Requests

  • Article Article
Great peace have they which love thy law: and nothing shall offend them. —Psalm 119:165 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... My doctor likes to tease me when I come in for a checkup: "What is your problem with gravity?" You see, from an early age, my nickname was "Trip"! I am someone who has...
Replies
1
Views
148
  • Article Article
I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help. My help cometh from the LORD, which made heaven and earth. —Psalm 121:1-2 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... In a world of startling beauty and a universe of dazzling diversity, our hearts are to be drawn back to the One who...
Replies
0
Views
97
  • Article Article
The earth, O LORD, is full of thy mercy: teach me thy statutes. —Psalm 119:64 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... Sometimes we get so caught up in the loving wonders of God's creation and the marvelous blessings of "the work of his hands" (Psalm 19:1, 111:7) that we forget to ask him to teach...
Replies
0
Views
107
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Forum statistics

Threads
2,093,405
Messages
16,799,517
Members
649,910
Latest member
Cioraenmor

Latest Blogs & Articles

Back
Top Bottom