Let not them that wait on thee, O Lord GOD of hosts, be ashamed for my sake: let not those that seek thee be confounded for my sake, O God of Israel.

—Psalm 69:6 (KJV)

Thoughts on Today's Verse...​


What a beautiful prayer for any Christian! In a world that is so self-absorbed, isn't it refreshing to be reminded of the powerful impact for good and bad that we can have? Let's not only be reminded of the devastating impact of our hypocrisy and rebellion but let's also pray that our failures will not be destructive to the Kingdom's increase nor to our brothers and sisters in Christ as they seek to serve and honor the Lord!

My Prayer...​


O gracious and mighty God, I do not want to sin. I know it is rebellion against you, and it breaks your heart. I do not want to sin because I know it diminishes me and makes me even more vulnerable to Satan's attacks in the future. I don't want to sin and disgrace your cause O God. And Father, I don't want to sin and be the cause of those seeking you to stumble. Please forgive my sins. Please, dear Father, strengthen and help me not stumble in my time of temptation. I pray in the name of the one who conquered temptation and sin, Jesus Christ. Amen.

All scripture quotations, unless otherwise indicated, are taken from the HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION. © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by International Bible Society. Used by permission of Zondervan Publishing House.

Continue reading...
 

Latest Activity (auto refresh)

Loading…

Similar Requests

  • Article Article
O come, let us worship and bow down: let us kneel before the LORD our maker. For he is our God; and we are the people of his pasture, and the sheep of his hand. To day if ye will hear his voice, —Psalm 95:6-7 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... Worship is more than our hearts, souls, and words...
Replies
0
Views
122
  • Article Article
The earth, O LORD, is full of thy mercy: teach me thy statutes. —Psalm 119:64 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... Sometimes we get so caught up in the loving wonders of God's creation and the marvelous blessings of "the work of his hands" (Psalm 19:1, 111:7) that we forget to ask him to teach...
Replies
0
Views
107
  • Article Article
Great peace have they which love thy law: and nothing shall offend them. —Psalm 119:165 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... My doctor likes to tease me when I come in for a checkup: "What is your problem with gravity?" You see, from an early age, my nickname was "Trip"! I am someone who has...
Replies
1
Views
148
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Forum statistics

Threads
2,093,132
Messages
16,796,417
Members
649,675
Latest member
Kruidarultor

Latest Blogs & Articles

Back
Top Bottom