Today's Verse - Psalm 4:1 (KJV)

Hear me when I call, O God of my righteousness: thou hast enlarged me when I was in distress; have mercy upon me, and hear my prayer.

—Psalm 4:1 (KJV)

Thoughts on Today's Verse...​


At first, this cry for help seems very demanding by those of us who are praying to God. Closer inspection shows that this is really a cry of desperation — Give me relief from my distress; be merciful to me and hear my prayer. Have you been there? I surely have, and I regularly hear from folks who are there right now. But, dear friend in Jesus, read how this whole psalm. What is the secret to surviving a long agony? I believe three things are important, and they are found in this psalm:
  1. Honesty in our prayer life with God (Psalm 4:1-2).
  2. Confidence that God hears and cares even when our prayers sizzle with pain and frustration (Psalm 4:3-5).
  3. Genuine praise for God that is included in our prayers even when things seem bleak, others oppose us, and God feels distant (Psalm 4:6-8).
Such an approach to prayer is not a magical formula but a Spirit-inspired one — check it out in Psalm 4:1-8!

My Prayer...​


O God, please hear our cries for relief and the relief of all who yours in agony from their burdens and suffering because of their faith. Please answer in amazing and miraculous ways so that we may not only be relieved but may also glorify you. We pray that those who see you working in the lives of ordinary and desperate people will come to find refuge in you, too, even if they have mocked us. Please, dear LORD, don't let those who mock your people and seek false gods triumph over those seeking to honor you. In Jesus' name, I pray. Amen.

All scripture quotations, unless otherwise indicated, are taken from the HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION. © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by International Bible Society. Used by permission of Zondervan Publishing House.

Continue reading...
 
I am so grateful that I came across prayer request.com; I am sitting here at work on break and I read Psalm 4:1-8! And I am asking myself am I being completely honest and transparent with God when I pray! Please help me sometimes I feel like He can't hear me, but I know that He's able.
 

Latest Activity (auto refresh)

Loading…

Similar Requests

  • Article Article
God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. —Psalm 46:1 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... Where can we go when it seems as if all our walls have fallen, all the protection we have has vanished, and our hearts feel as if all hope is lost? We can go to the eternal God, who...
Replies
1
Views
155
  • Article Article
Yet the LORD will command his lovingkindness in the day time, and in the night his song shall be with me, and my prayer unto the God of my life. —Psalm 42:8 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... I have always loved music. To this day, songs help unlock the part of me that is most open to God...
Replies
0
Views
81
  • Article Article
He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. —Psalm 91:1 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... We are blessed to be as close to God as his shadow and to share in the comfort of his sheltering presence. He is not far from our hearts as we...
Replies
0
Views
98
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Forum statistics

Threads
2,094,205
Messages
16,808,037
Members
650,618
Latest member
Tyraexnor

Latest Blogs & Articles

Back
Top Bottom