Today's Verse - Psalm 4:1 (KJV)

Nobody is reading this thread right now.

Hear me when I call, O God of my righteousness: thou hast enlarged me when I was in distress; have mercy upon me, and hear my prayer.

Psalm 4:1 (KJV)

Thoughts on Today's Verse...​

At first, this cry for help seems very demanding by those of us who are praying to God. Closer inspection shows that this is really a cry of desperation — Give me relief from my distress; be merciful to me and hear my prayer. Have you been there? I surely have, and I regularly hear from folks who are there right now. But, dear friend in Jesus, read how this whole psalm. What is the secret to surviving a long agony? I believe three things are important, and they are found in this psalm:
  1. Honesty in our prayer life with God (Psalm 4:1-2).
  2. Confidence that God hears and cares even when our prayers sizzle with pain and frustration (Psalm 4:3-5).
  3. Genuine praise for God that is included in our prayers even when things seem bleak, others oppose us, and God feels distant (Psalm 4:6-8).
Such an approach to prayer is not a magical formula but a Spirit-inspired one — check it out in Psalm 4:1-8!

My Prayer...​

O God, please hear our cries for relief and the relief of all who yours in agony from their burdens and suffering because of their faith. Please answer in amazing and miraculous ways so that we may not only be relieved but may also glorify you. We pray that those who see you working in the lives of ordinary and desperate people will come to find refuge in you, too, even if they have mocked us. Please, dear LORD, don't let those who mock your people and seek false gods triumph over those seeking to honor you. In Jesus' name, I pray. Amen.

All scripture quotations, unless otherwise indicated, are taken from the HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION. © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by International Bible Society. Used by permission of Zondervan Publishing House.

Continue reading...

I am so grateful that I came across prayer request.com; I am sitting here at work on break and I read Psalm 4:1-8! And I am asking myself am I being completely honest and transparent with God when I pray! Please help me sometimes I feel like he can't hear me, but I know that He's able

"Oh the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God!" Read about the deep things of God and the riches of his grace. This and other resources are now integrated into the Virtual Prayer Partner that you can interact with.

Similar Requests

• Article
And this commandment have we from him, That he who loveth God love his brother also. —1 John 4:21 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... Some things are very simple. We can't love God and refuse to love each other. This is not hard to understand. On the other hand, some of our "kinfolks" in the...
Replies
Views
  • Article
But if from thence thou shalt seek the LORD thy God, thou shalt find him, if thou seek him with all thy heart and with all thy soul. —Deuteronomy 4:29 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... When was the last time you yearningly searched after God? I'm not talking about an obscure theological...
Replies
Views
  • Article
For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him. —1 Thessalonians 4:14 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... As horrible as the Cross was, it wasn't the final chapter of the Jesus' story. Jesus died and then rose again. We can...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins. —1 John 4:10 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... Love is demonstrated, not just communicated verbally. When the Scriptures tell us that God loves us, they always show God's...
Replies
Views
  • Article
That ye put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts; and be renewed in the spirit of your mind.. —Ephesians 4:22-23 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... God makes us new when we become disciples of Jesus (2 Corinthians 5:17). Most of...
Replies
Views
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Latest Blogs & Articles

Top Bottom