Today's Verse - Psalm 31:16 (KJV)

Make thy face to shine upon thy servant: save me for thy mercies' sake.

—Psalm 31:16 (KJV)

Thoughts on Today's Verse...​


Can your faith remain strong during trying times? I hope mine can! This is a Psalm written during trying times. However, no matter how difficult the situation seemed, the Psalmist still knew who God is and believed what God can do when he decides to do it. Even in trial, the psalmist doesn't lose sight of the blessings that come from the LORD being present. So, he says that the LORD's presence and love will be with him and save him. Let's choose to pray that same prayer:
Let your face shine upon your servant; save me in your unfailing love.

My Prayer...​


Father, please make your presence known in my life. I am confident you are there; I just need to experience your presence in a tangible way and receive your salvation in all of its fullness, with confidence. So in Jesus' name, I expectantly pray that you will grant the prayer of the psalmist, which is also my prayer, today. Amen.

All scripture quotations, unless otherwise indicated, are taken from the HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION. © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by International Bible Society. Used by permission of Zondervan Publishing House.

Continue reading...
 

Latest Activity (auto refresh)

Loading…

Similar Requests

  • Article Article
I have set the LORD always before me: because he is at my right hand, I shall not be moved. —Psalm 16:8 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... Many things can trouble our lives, but none can shake us loose from the grip of God's grace as our hearts remain pointed at Jesus as our LORD and our hope...
Replies
0
Views
82
  • Article Article
The earth, O LORD, is full of thy mercy: teach me thy statutes. —Psalm 119:64 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... Sometimes we get so caught up in the loving wonders of God's creation and the marvelous blessings of "the work of his hands" (Psalm 19:1, 111:7) that we forget to ask him to teach...
Replies
0
Views
107
  • Article Article
When I said, My foot slippeth; thy mercy, O LORD, held me up. In the multitude of my thoughts within me thy comforts delight my soul. —Psalm 94:18-19 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... We are amazed at the vastness of God's reach, the awesome breadth of his power, and the glorious sweep of...
Replies
0
Views
91
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Forum statistics

Threads
2,093,338
Messages
16,798,392
Members
649,859
Latest member
Gruirton

Latest Blogs & Articles

Back
Top Bottom