The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the LORD is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?

—Psalm 27:1 (KJV)

Thoughts on Today's Verse...​



I love the coast of Maine. The craggy shorelines, the crashing surf, and the lighthouses perched at strategic and well-fortified points along the coastline. I cannot help but think of our heavenly Father when I watch the gloom gather as an impending storm noisily makes its way onshore. There, in the storm — with lightning ripping through the sky, winds howling, and the surf crashing — stands the light that guides the way, strong against the elements and a beacon of direction and hope. Yes, the LORD, Yahweh the God of Israel, the Almighty Creator of all things, is my light and my salvation. My life, the eternal part of me, is entrusted with him. I choose not to fear. I place my trust in him.


The Verse of the Day team is thankful for you!
See the full greeting!
​
​



My Prayer...​


Father in heaven, I praise you for your faithfulness through the ages. I thank you for your steadfast love that has blessed each generation, giving hope in times of darkness, salvation in times of wantonness, and strength in times of weakness. Now I ask that you be with several people I love, who need your palpable presence as they fight their battles. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

All scripture quotations, unless otherwise indicated, are taken from the HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION. © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by International Bible Society. Used by permission of Zondervan Publishing House.

Continue reading...
 
Our strenght cometh from the Lord. When weakness and discouragement comes to our life, Jesus comes along and lift us all up and continue on to the eternal goal in life. Heaven bound.
 

Latest Activity (auto refresh)

Loading…

Similar Requests

  • Article Article
The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the LORD is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid? —Psalm 27:1 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... I love the coast of ### in the northeastern United States. I love the craggy shorelines, the crashing surf, and the...
Replies
0
Views
362
  • Article Article
Boast not thyself of to morrow; for thou knowest not what a day may bring forth. —Proverbs 27:1 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... Don't you have your hands full today? I know I sure do! Don't you find yourself distracted from the urgent and important things of today when you worry about the...
Replies
0
Views
32
  • Article Article
God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. —Psalm 46:1 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... Where can we go when it seems as if all our walls have fallen, all the protection we have has vanished, and our hearts feel as if all hope is lost? We can go to the eternal God, who...
Replies
1
Views
155
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Forum statistics

Threads
2,093,409
Messages
16,799,560
Members
649,919
Latest member
Maleulnire

Latest Blogs & Articles

Back
Top Bottom