Today's Verse - Psalm 23:4 (KJV)

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.

—Psalm 23:4 (KJV)

Thoughts on Today's Verse...​


Death is the ultimate profanity in today's world. We don't like to think about it, much less talk about it. However, death is the one reality that will not leave us alone. We must all address it! We lose friends and family members to death. At one point in our lives, we, too, will face this inevitability unless Jesus comes before our passing. So what is our assurance as we face the inescapable? Our Shepherd! The LORD, who is our Good Shepherd, will walk us through the fears and dangers of death, guiding and protecting and comforting us in our journey. And as followers of Jesus, this promise is only intensified because we know Jesus as our Good Shepherd. He has taken the walk through death's dark valley ahead of us to assure us that our walk through death's valley doesn't end in death, but in glory.
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.

My Prayer...​


Dear Heavenly Father, my Shepherd and Savior, thank you that I do not have to face death alone. I look for your guidance and listen for your voice to lead me through death's dark valley and bring me to your holy and glorious presence in victory and with great joy. I can say this, and believe this, and pray this confidently, in Jesus' name. Amen.

All scripture quotations, unless otherwise indicated, are taken from the HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION. © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by International Bible Society. Used by permission of Zondervan Publishing House.

Continue reading...
 

Latest Activity (auto refresh)

Loading…

Similar Requests

  • Article Article
For the LORD taketh pleasure in his people: he will beautify the meek with salvation. —Psalm 149:4 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... Jesus left heaven and made himself a servant. No wonder God could say to him, "You are my Son, whom I love; with you I am well pleased" (Luke 3:22). God...
Replies
0
Views
112
  • Article Article
The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. —Psalm 23:1-3 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... "He restores my soul." My...
Replies
0
Views
204
  • Article Article
Before the mountains were brought forth, or ever thou hadst formed the earth and the world, even from everlasting to everlasting, thou art God. For a thousand years in thy sight are but as yesterday when it is past, and as a watch in the night. —Psalm 90:2, 4 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse...
Replies
0
Views
98
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Forum statistics

Threads
2,093,508
Messages
16,800,454
Members
650,027
Latest member
Wemir

Latest Blogs & Articles

Back
Top Bottom