Today's Verse - Psalm 23:2-3 (KJV)

He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.

—Psalm 23:2-3 (KJV)

Thoughts on Today's Verse...​


Some of us won't slow down for anything! Sadly, when we become overly self-assured and get too caught up in our plans, we tend to press on until we crash from exhaustion, make mistakes due to weariness, or sin because we are spiritually vulnerable. The LORD, our good Shepherd, slows us down, has us lie down, and brings restoration to our souls. Our Shepherd knows we need rest, nourishment, and refreshment. He helps us, and even makes us lie down in "green pastures" and walk beside "still waters." Once our Shepherd restores our souls, he leads us in the paths of his righteousness. Part of God's grace to us is his leading and guidance, enabling us to find rest, be restored, and walk in the right paths for our lives. Jesus, as our good Shepherd, did the same with his disciples when he said to them:
"Come with me by yourselves to a quiet place and get some rest." (Mark 6:31)

My Prayer...​


Thank you, dear Father, for slowing down my frantic life and leading me to times of refreshment, rest, and nourishment. Please forgive me for the times I have been too busy to hear your voice or respond to your call to rest. I trust that you will lead me to what I need as you mature me to have more and more of your righteous character. To do that, I know that I need to rest in you and with you in "green pastures" and "quiet waters." O, God, I need your tender but firm guiding hand in my life as my Shepherd. In Jesus' name, I confess and pray. Amen.

All scripture quotations, unless otherwise indicated, are taken from the HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION. © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by International Bible Society. Used by permission of Zondervan Publishing House.

Continue reading...
 

Latest Activity (auto refresh)

Loading…

Similar Requests

  • Article Article
The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. —Psalm 23:1-3 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... "He restores my soul." My...
Replies
0
Views
203
  • Article Article
O come, let us worship and bow down: let us kneel before the LORD our maker. For he is our God; and we are the people of his pasture, and the sheep of his hand. To day if ye will hear his voice, —Psalm 95:6-7 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... Worship is more than our hearts, souls, and words...
Replies
0
Views
122
  • Article Article
Thus saith the LORD the maker thereof, the LORD that formed it, to establish it; the LORD is his name; Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and shew thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not. —Jeremiah 33:2-3 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... In a universe of billions of stars...
Replies
0
Views
105
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Forum statistics

Threads
2,093,039
Messages
16,794,643
Members
649,599
Latest member
Lyruangalarn

Latest Blogs & Articles

Back
Top Bottom