Trouble and anguish have taken hold on me: yet thy commandments are my delights.

—Psalm 119:143 (KJV)

Thoughts on Today's Verse...​


This verse is hard for me, because I know I am so blessed. Trouble and distress do not seem to be a part of my vocabulary right now. But I know in many places in the world this statement is true of Christians who are under attack and live under the threat of persecution and possibly even death. But their love for God and their commitment to obedience is greater than Satan's threats because God's will is their delight.

My Prayer...​


Majestic and holy God, I ask you to bless and liberate your church under persecution. But Father, I also ask that if physical deliverance is not what is coming, I pray for my brothers and sisters and I, that we may be found faithful in death before surrendering to compromise in life. Please strengthen our faith: we believe but help our unbelief. Empower us through your Spirit to be obedient: forgive us when we fall. Most of all, deliver us into your glorious presence without fault. I pray this in the name of Jesus, in whom I find my salvation and assurance. Amen.

All scripture quotations, unless otherwise indicated, are taken from the HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION. © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by International Bible Society. Used by permission of Zondervan Publishing House.

Continue reading...
 

Latest Activity (auto refresh)

Loading…

Similar Requests

  • Article Article
I have rejoiced in the way of thy testimonies, as much as in all riches. —Psalm 119:14 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... Our treasure and our truth come from God's holy Scriptures. The Scriptures are God's guidance for us and his treasures, given to us as the Holy Spirit leads us to...
Replies
0
Views
116
  • Article Article
Thy word is true from the beginning: and every one of thy righteous judgments endureth for ever. —Psalm 119:160 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... The requirements of morality and holiness are not temporary or fleeting because they reflect the nature of our Holy God, who is eternal. They...
Replies
0
Views
119
  • Article Article
Great peace have they which love thy law: and nothing shall offend them. —Psalm 119:165 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... My doctor likes to tease me when I come in for a checkup: "What is your problem with gravity?" You see, from an early age, my nickname was "Trip"! I am someone who has...
Replies
1
Views
148
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Forum statistics

Threads
2,093,121
Messages
16,796,148
Members
649,663
Latest member
Ploerlath

Latest Blogs & Articles

Back
Top Bottom