Today's Verse - Psalm 119:130 (KJV)

The entrance of thy words giveth light; it giveth understanding unto the simple.

—Psalm 119:130 (KJV)

Thoughts on Today's Verse...​


Years ago, before GPS, driving to a distant place required a map, and sometimes several maps. As you journeyed to that place, the route became increasingly more straightforward as you unfolded the map and found your destination. Sometimes the right path is not so difficult to find; we need to know where to begin our search. We need to unfold our map by reading God's words. As we unfold them, the way we should travel in life becomes increasingly clearer. The right way is very seldom just the property of the bright, wise, and scholarly; it can be very clear for any of us who choose to look for it in God's words, and then unfold them so God can get us to his destination for us.

My Prayer...​


O holy Father, thank you for making your will known through your words in Scripture. Bless me as I open your Word, as I listen to your words, and as I focus on your will. I ask that the Holy Spirit guide me in understanding those words and that the Spirit lead me as I seek to live your will. May I find not only the answer to my questions, but also find you and your precious will as I unfold your words. In Jesus' precious name, I pray. Amen.

All scripture quotations, unless otherwise indicated, are taken from the HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION. © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by International Bible Society. Used by permission of Zondervan Publishing House.

Continue reading...
 

Latest Activity (auto refresh)

Loading…

Similar Requests

  • Article Article
Great peace have they which love thy law: and nothing shall offend them. —Psalm 119:165 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... My doctor likes to tease me when I come in for a checkup: "What is your problem with gravity?" You see, from an early age, my nickname was "Trip"! I am someone who has...
Replies
1
Views
147
  • Article Article
I have rejoiced in the way of thy testimonies, as much as in all riches. —Psalm 119:14 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... Our treasure and our truth come from God's holy Scriptures. The Scriptures are God's guidance for us and his treasures, given to us as the Holy Spirit leads us to...
Replies
0
Views
113
  • Article Article
Thy word is true from the beginning: and every one of thy righteous judgments endureth for ever. —Psalm 119:160 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... The requirements of morality and holiness are not temporary or fleeting because they reflect the nature of our Holy God, who is eternal. They...
Replies
0
Views
117
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Forum statistics

Threads
2,091,802
Messages
16,781,082
Members
648,359
Latest member
Ghiydararr

Latest Blogs & Articles

Back
Top Bottom