Thou art my hiding place and my shield: I hope in thy word.

—Psalm 119:114 (KJV)

Thoughts on Today's Verse...​


Where can we go to remain secure from the onslaught of bad ideas, evil influences, and false hopes perpetrated by social media? We can go to God and his Word, the Scriptures, and to Jesus, who is the fulfillment of these Scriptures and is the Living Word (John 1:1-18). While people can be disloyal and misguided, God has proven his faithfulness through his word, in sending Jesus, and by keeping his loving promises. He promises never to leave us or forsake us (Hebrews 13:5-6; Romans 8:38-39), and his truth and his promises stand forever. God is our refuge, shield, fortress, strong foundation, and rock as we give our hearts to the Word of God.

My Prayer...​


Almighty God, you alone are trustworthy. You keep your word and fulfill your promises. Forgive me when I trust my own insight and the wisdom of others rather than seeking your will in your Word. Please give me your wisdom as I seek your will and trust in your promises. In the name of Jesus, your ultimate Word, I pray. Amen.

All scripture quotations, unless otherwise indicated, are taken from the HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION. © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by International Bible Society. Used by permission of Zondervan Publishing House.

Continue reading...
 

Latest Activity (auto refresh)

Loading…

Similar Requests

  • Article Article
Great peace have they which love thy law: and nothing shall offend them. —Psalm 119:165 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... My doctor likes to tease me when I come in for a checkup: "What is your problem with gravity?" You see, from an early age, my nickname was "Trip"! I am someone who has...
Replies
1
Views
147
  • Article Article
I have rejoiced in the way of thy testimonies, as much as in all riches. —Psalm 119:14 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... Our treasure and our truth come from God's holy Scriptures. The Scriptures are God's guidance for us and his treasures, given to us as the Holy Spirit leads us to...
Replies
0
Views
113
  • Article Article
Thy word is true from the beginning: and every one of thy righteous judgments endureth for ever. —Psalm 119:160 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... The requirements of morality and holiness are not temporary or fleeting because they reflect the nature of our Holy God, who is eternal. They...
Replies
0
Views
117
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Forum statistics

Threads
2,091,785
Messages
16,780,979
Members
648,346
Latest member
Tymaraysor

Latest Blogs & Articles

Back
Top Bottom