Today's Verse - Proverbs 23:22 (KJV)

Nobody is reading this thread right now.

Hearken unto thy father that begat thee, and despise not thy mother when she is old.

Proverbs 23:22 (KJV)

Thoughts on Today's Verse...​

"Honor your father and mother..." (Exodus 20:12) is one of God's Ten Commandments. This is basic to God's plan for our lives. Families must be built on God's covenant of grace. Children learning to respect and obey their parents brings many blessings to the family, community, and culture. This early parental training helps children with the self-discipline they need throughout their lives. As adults, we preserve the dignity of our parents and teach our children important life lessons when we honor and respect our parents appropriately. Let's not get swept up in our era of parent-bashing and laisse fair child-rearing. Let's bless our parents in ways that honor God and teach our children to do the same. (If your parents were ungodly or abusive, find older folks in your church family for your emotional and spiritual support while treating your physical parents with honesty, respect, and integrity as much as possible and honorable.)

My Prayer...​

Loving Father and eternal God, thank you for my parents — physical and spiritual. Bless them with what they most need to find their way home to you. Please give me the wisdom to know the most appropriate way to show my love and respect to my parents. Most of all, Father, please help them to see that my love and character come from you. In Jesus' name, I pray. Amen.

All scripture quotations, unless otherwise indicated, are taken from the HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION. © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by International Bible Society. Used by permission of Zondervan Publishing House.

Continue reading...

Hearken unto thy father that begat thee, and despise not thy mother when she is old.

"Honor your father and mother..." (Exodus 20:12) is one of God's Ten Commandments. This is basic to God's plan for our lives. Families must be built on God's covenant of grace. Children learning to respect and obey their parents brings many blessings to the family, community, and culture. This early parental training helps children with the self-discipline they need throughout their lives. As adults, we preserve the dignity of our parents and teach our children important life lessons when we honor and respect our parents appropriately. Let's not get swept up in our era of parent-bashing and laisse fair child-rearing. Let's bless our parents in ways that honor God and teach our children to do the same. (If your parents were ungodly or abusive, find older folks in your church family for your emotional and spiritual support while treating your physical parents with honesty, respect, and integrity as much as possible and honorable.)

My Prayer...​

Loving Father and eternal God, thank you for my parents — physical and spiritual. Bless them with what they most need to find their way home to you. Please give me the wisdom to know the most appropriate way to show my love and respect to my parents. Most of all, Father, please help them to see that my love and character come from you. In Jesus' name, I pray. Amen.

All scripture quotations, unless otherwise indicated, are taken from the HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION. © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by International Bible Society. Used by permission of Zondervan Publishing House.

Continue reading...
It is so hard to raise a child and it cost a a lot of money, but with Jesus help and grace we can do wonders for them taking them to church, teaching them Gods word and showing the way to reach heaven. The a the end of our days Jesus will reward us with the love of our children for a job well done one earth.

My Prayer...​

Continue reading...
Love your parents. No matter what they did in the past, forgive, love and pray daily for them. Visit them if they are in nursing homes or hospitals. Jesus loves them so much and cares for them.

"Oh the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God!" Read about the deep things of God and the riches of his grace. This and other resources are now integrated into the Virtual Prayer Partner that you can interact with.

Similar Requests

• Article
Then I said unto you, Dread not, neither be afraid of them. The LORD your God which goeth before you, he shall fight for you, according to all that he did for you in Egypt before your eyes. —Deuteronomy 1:29-30 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... Moses began his farewell message to Israel...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh. —Genesis 2:24 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... We are different! God makes us male and female so we can be complements of each other. Each of us, male or female, is made in...
Replies
Views
  • Article
For the LORD, the God of Israel, saith that he hateth putting away: for one covereth violence with his garment, saith the LORD of hosts: therefore take heed to your spirit, that ye deal not treacherously. —Malachi 2:16 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... My heart breaks for those who hear...
Replies
Views
  • Article
But where are thy gods that thou hast made thee? let them arise, if they can save thee in the time of thy trouble: for according to the number of thy cities are thy gods, O Judah. —Jeremiah 2:28 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... Let's focus on a straightforward concept today. We must worship...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Cease ye from man, whose breath is in his nostrils: for wherein is he to be accounted of ? —Isaiah 2:22 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... God will humble the arrogant. He has a day he has designated to do this. But, until that day dawns, God's Kingdom people must live knowing that even the...
Replies
Views
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Latest Blogs & Articles

Top Bottom