Today's Verse - Proverbs 2:11 (KJV)

Discretion shall preserve thee, understanding shall keep thee.

—Proverbs 2:11 (KJV)

Thoughts on Today's Verse...​


I have made my greatest mistakes when I made decisions, commitments, and plans in haste — when I didn't allow unrushed time to consider what I should decide, do, or say. While discretion and understanding are partially acquired through learning and experience, they are also a gift from God. This gift doesn't come on demand, especially when we rush God for his answers to us. Discretion comes from patiently seeking, trusting, and waiting on the LORD's guidance through the Holy Spirit and from a heart saturated in longing to live for him with holy character, regardless of the rewards or costs.

My Prayer...​


Forgive me, Father. I know I am sometimes more of a "character" rather than a person of holy character. Forgive my selfish desire to play to the crowd. I confess that I sometimes try to be witty and accepted rather than being a person of discretion, understanding, and integrity. Please help me, dear LORD, to see through the temptations of haste and acceptance by the crowd and find your path to integrity. In Jesus' name, I pray. Amen.

All scripture quotations, unless otherwise indicated, are taken from the HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION. © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by International Bible Society. Used by permission of Zondervan Publishing House.

Continue reading...
 

Latest Activity (auto refresh)

Loading…

Similar Requests

  • Article Article
Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it. —Proverbs 22:6 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... Children don't just need to be taught facts, truth, and school subjects; they need to be trained and prepared for life in the grace of God, the way of...
Replies
0
Views
131
  • Article Article
The father of the righteous shall greatly rejoice: and he that begetteth a wise child shall have joy of him. —Proverbs 23:24 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... The greatest gift I can give my father - whether as a son or daughter - is to be like my Father in heaven, full of righteous...
Replies
0
Views
102
  • Article Article
Righteousness exalteth a nation: but sin is a reproach to any people. —Proverbs 14:34 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... Wow, what an indictment, so please bear with me as we think through this and open our hearts to God. When we vote our pocketbook more than character, and when we excuse...
Replies
0
Views
117
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Forum statistics

Threads
2,093,838
Messages
16,804,001
Members
650,340
Latest member
Ashairard

Latest Blogs & Articles

Back
Top Bottom