Today's Verse - Proverbs 2:11 (KJV)

Nobody is reading this thread right now.

Discretion shall preserve thee, understanding shall keep thee.

Proverbs 2:11 (KJV)

Thoughts on Today's Verse...​

I have made my greatest mistakes when I made decisions, commitments, and plans in haste — when I didn't allow unrushed time to consider what I should decide, do, or say. While discretion and understanding are partially acquired through learning and experience, they are also a gift from God. This gift doesn't come on demand, especially when we rush God for his answers to us. Discretion comes from patiently seeking, trusting, and waiting on the LORD's guidance through the Holy Spirit and from a heart saturated in longing to live for him with holy character, regardless of the rewards or costs.

My Prayer...​

Forgive me, Father. I know I am sometimes more of a "character" rather than a person of holy character. Forgive my selfish desire to play to the crowd. I confess that I sometimes try to be witty and accepted rather than being a person of discretion, understanding, and integrity. Please help me, dear LORD, to see through the temptations of haste and acceptance by the crowd and find your path to integrity. In Jesus' name, I pray. Amen.

All scripture quotations, unless otherwise indicated, are taken from the HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION. © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by International Bible Society. Used by permission of Zondervan Publishing House.

Continue reading...

Similar Requests

• Article
And this commandment have we from him, That he who loveth God love his brother also. —1 John 4:21 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... Some things are very simple. We can't love God and refuse to love each other. This is not hard to understand. On the other hand, some of our "kinfolks" in the...
Replies
Views
  • Article
If any man speak, let him speak as the oracles of God; if any man minister, let him do it as of the ability which God giveth: that God in all things may be glorified through Jesus Christ, to whom be praise and dominion for ever and ever. Amen. —1 Peter 4:11 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse...
Replies
Views
  • Article
But where are thy gods that thou hast made thee? let them arise, if they can save thee in the time of thy trouble: for according to the number of thy cities are thy gods, O Judah. —Jeremiah 2:28 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... Let's focus on a straightforward concept today. We must worship...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of faith. Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law. —Romans 3:27-28 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... God's salvation leaves us no room for boasting. We couldn't live...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Those things, which ye have both learned, and received, and heard, and seen in me, do: and the God of peace shall be with you. —Philippians 4:9 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... I don't know about you, but I genuinely hope my life reflects what I say and teach. What a great statement to be...
Replies
Views
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Latest Blogs & Articles

Top Bottom