Today's Verse - Philippians 2:14-15 (KJV)

Nobody is reading this thread right now.

That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world.

Philippians 2:14-15 (KJV)

Thoughts on Today's Verse...​

We shouldn't be surprised that unbelievers around us have different values than we do. After all, a star isn't surprised that it shines in the great expanse of darkness surrounding it. You see, a star and a disciple of Jesus share a primary purpose: shining light into the darkness, no matter how great that darkness! So, when it's hard to shine, let's remember we are stars in profound darkness; without us, all anyone can see is the darkness! Once we realize we are made to shine in the darkness, our need to complain can be curtailed, and reasons to argue are lost in the face of such a great need for us to be stars that shine!

My Prayer...​

Holy and righteous LORD, I can only anticipate the day I see your glory and stand in your presence. Please give me the courage and integrity to be a light to those around me, overwhelmed by the darkness. In Jesus' name, I pray to have this redemptive influence, to your glory. Amen.

All scripture quotations, unless otherwise indicated, are taken from the HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION. © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by International Bible Society. Used by permission of Zondervan Publishing House.

Continue reading...

"Oh the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God!" Read about the deep things of God and the riches of his grace. This and other resources are now integrated into the Virtual Prayer Partner that you can interact with.

Similar Requests

• Article
Those things, which ye have both learned, and received, and heard, and seen in me, do: and the God of peace shall be with you. —Philippians 4:9 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... I don't know about you, but I genuinely hope my life reflects what I say and teach. What a great statement to be...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Do all things without murmurings and disputings: That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world. —Philippians 2:14-15 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... Don't complain or argue...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Now unto God and our Father be glory for ever and ever. Amen. —Philippians 4:20 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... When was the last time you prayed and didn't request anything from God? You simply thanked and praised God. Why not use today as a day of thanks and praise? Don't ask for...
Replies
Views
  • Article
I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. —Philippians 4:13 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... I don't know about you, but I know I've grown soft and spoiled because of all the conveniences I have allowed into my life. If these conveniences were to vanish suddenly, could I...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Brethren, be followers together of me, and mark them which walk so as ye have us for an ensample. —Philippians 3:17 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... Some critics of preaching and preachers say, "I would rather see a sermon any day than hear one." I'm not distressed because people want to...
Replies
Views
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Latest Blogs & Articles

Top Bottom