Today's Verse - Philippians 2:14-15 (KJV)

Nobody is reading this thread right now.

Do all things without murmurings and disputings: That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world.

Philippians 2:14-15 (KJV)

Thoughts on Today's Verse...​

Don't complain or argue! We don't usually associate these things with purity and blamelessness, do we? Paul was extraordinarily close to these Philippians, and he knew them well. He knew their strengths and praised those strengths. He also knew their weaknesses and shortcomings. He knew the destructive power that complaining and arguing have on the life of an otherwise vibrant community of Christians. Let's heed his warning today, in our day, as we see church after church taken under by the negative and cynical spirit that pervades modern culture. We are meant to shine in our dark world of unbelief and unholiness as stars in the night sky, reminding others of "the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows" (James 1:16).

My Prayer...​

Forgive and cleanse me, O God, for my sometimes argumentive spirit. Please empower me with your Spirit to use my speech only to bless and to build up, never to tear down or discourage. I want to be one of Jesus' lights in my world, leading people out of darkness. In Jesus' name, I ask this. Amen.

All scripture quotations, unless otherwise indicated, are taken from the HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION. © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by International Bible Society. Used by permission of Zondervan Publishing House.

Continue reading...

A riveting and compelling call to prayer shows you that your prayer life can be what God intends it to be. The child of God is driven to say, “I must pray, pray, pray. I must put all my energy and all my heart into prayer. Whatever else I do, I must pray.” This and other resources are now integrated into the Virtual Prayer Partner that you can interact with.

Similar Requests

• Article
That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world. —Philippians 2:14-15 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... We shouldn't be surprised that unbelievers around us have different values...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Those things, which ye have both learned, and received, and heard, and seen in me, do: and the God of peace shall be with you. —Philippians 4:9 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... I don't know about you, but I genuinely hope my life reflects what I say and teach. What a great statement to be...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Now unto God and our Father be glory for ever and ever. Amen. —Philippians 4:20 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... When was the last time you prayed and didn't request anything from God? You simply thanked and praised God. Why not use today as a day of thanks and praise? Don't ask for...
Replies
Views
  • Article
I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. —Philippians 4:13 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... I don't know about you, but I know I've grown soft and spoiled because of all the conveniences I have allowed into my life. If these conveniences were to vanish suddenly, could I...
Replies
Views
  • Article
For to do whatsoever thy hand and thy counsel determined before to be done. —Acts 4:28 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... The cross of Golgotha and the sacrifice of Jesus for our sins were no afterthought or mistake. Jesus came as God's anointed, his holy Messiah, the Christ, the Suffering...
Replies
Views
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Latest Blogs & Articles

Top Bottom