Today's Verse - Philippians 1:4-5 (KJV)

Nobody is reading this thread right now.

Always in every prayer of mine for you all making request with joy, For your fellowship in the gospel from the first day until now.

Philippians 1:4-5 (KJV)

Thoughts on Today's Verse...​

Special Note:
This year, we are basing our verse reference on the date as represented in the U.S. — January 4 is 1:4 from Philippians, and so June 6, for example, will be 6:6 from Matthew. This challenges us to look at important verses we might not have as our favorites and prevents us from turning the Bible into a set of our favorite slogans. We will find comforting, encouraging, motivating, convicting, and hope-filled messages throughout the year!

As we begin this new year, let's remember those with whom we are partnered in mission and outreach. If we are evangelists or cross-cultural workers for Jesus by calling, then let's commit to praying a prayer of praise and thanksgiving for our supporting partners. If we are members of a supporting congregation, then let's give thanks for being able to support those who share the Gospel in other places and those who work among different cultures and in different locations in our own countries. To share in God's work with God's people is truly a great blessing and privilege!

My Prayer...​

Father of all peoples, give your Church a greater sense of partnership in reaching those who do not know your saving grace. Bless those everywhere who share the truth of Jesus with love, courage, and faithfulness. In the name of the only true Savior, Jesus, I pray. Amen.

All scripture quotations, unless otherwise indicated, are taken from the HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION. © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by International Bible Society. Used by permission of Zondervan Publishing House.

Continue reading...

Always in every prayer of mine for you all making request with joy, For your fellowship in the gospel from the first day until now.

Philippians 1:4-5 (KJV)

Thoughts on Today's Verse...​

Special Note:
This year, we are basing our verse reference on the date as represented in the U.S. — January 4 is 1:4 from Philippians, and so June 6, for example, will be 6:6 from Matthew. This challenges us to look at important verses we might not have as our favorites and prevents us from turning the Bible into a set of our favorite slogans. We will find comforting, encouraging, motivating, convicting, and hope-filled messages throughout the year!

As we begin this new year, let's remember those with whom we are partnered in mission and outreach. If we are evangelists or cross-cultural workers for Jesus by calling, then let's commit to praying a prayer of praise and thanksgiving for our supporting partners. If we are members of a supporting congregation, then let's give thanks for being able to support those who share the Gospel in other places and those who work among different cultures and in different locations in our own countries. To share in God's work with God's people is truly a great blessing and privilege!

My Prayer...​

Father of all peoples, give your Church a greater sense of partnership in reaching those who do not know your saving grace. Bless those everywhere who share the truth of Jesus with love, courage, and faithfulness. In the name of the only true Savior, Jesus, I pray. Amen.

All scripture quotations, unless otherwise indicated, are taken from the HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION. © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by International Bible Society. Used by permission of Zondervan Publishing House.

Continue reading...
Praying for others brings blessings to our own life.

Do you know how to pray? Read this powerful compilation of Spurgeon, Ryle, Bunyan and others. Includes titles such as Continue in Prayer, Hindrances to Prayer, and What True Prayer Is. This and other resources are now integrated into the Virtual Prayer Partner that you can interact with.

Similar Requests

• Article
Now unto God and our Father be glory for ever and ever. Amen. —Philippians 4:20 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... When was the last time you prayed and didn't request anything from God? You simply thanked and praised God. Why not use today as a day of thanks and praise? Don't ask for...
Replies
Views
  • Article
I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. —Philippians 4:13 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... I don't know about you, but I know I've grown soft and spoiled because of all the conveniences I have allowed into my life. If these conveniences were to vanish suddenly, could I...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Those things, which ye have both learned, and received, and heard, and seen in me, do: and the God of peace shall be with you. —Philippians 4:9 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... I don't know about you, but I genuinely hope my life reflects what I say and teach. What a great statement to be...
Replies
Views
  • Article
For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him. —1 Thessalonians 4:14 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... As horrible as the Cross was, it wasn't the final chapter of the Jesus' story. Jesus died and then rose again. We can...
Replies
Views
  • Article
And this commandment have we from him, That he who loveth God love his brother also. —1 John 4:21 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... Some things are very simple. We can't love God and refuse to love each other. This is not hard to understand. On the other hand, some of our "kinfolks" in the...
Replies
Views
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Latest Blogs & Articles

Top Bottom