Nobody is reading this thread right now.

He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?

Micah 6:8 (KJV)

Thoughts on Today's Verse...​

God's desires for us are not hard to discern. He wants to bless us with salvation. The incredible gift of his Son is powerful testimony to this truth. Yet salvation from sin and death is not something he wants to happen in our lives just once. He wants our lives to daily reflect his salvation and to share it with others. When we act justly, pursue mercy in our relationships, and honor him with our worship from a humble heart then God's salvation becomes real in our lives and impacts others with his grace. In the language of Jesus, we work for God's kingdom to come and will be done on earth as it is in heaven.

My Prayer...​

Almighty and compassionate Father, as I embrace this New Year, help my eyes see what your heart sees. Teach me to hate sin and to be merciful to all who need mercy. Teach me to know truth and act fairly, while hating abuse and exploitation. Through your Spirit, stir me to reflect on the great distance between your holy majesty and my inconsistent character. Make me wholly your child, I pray, in Jesus name. Amen.

All scripture quotations, unless otherwise indicated, are taken from the HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION. © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by International Bible Society. Used by permission of Zondervan Publishing House.

Continue reading...

Similar Requests

• Article
For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse. —Romans 1:20 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... What an incredible world we live in! The expanse...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy, To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen. —Jude 1:24-25 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... What a...
Replies
Views
  • Article
And ye became followers of us, and of the Lord, having received the word in much affliction, with joy of the Holy Ghost. —1 Thessalonians 1:6 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... Many of us find it easy to let our circumstances determine our moods. Paul is addressing a group of new Christians...
Replies
Views
  • Article
I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty. —Revelation 1:8 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... From beginning to end, our God is with us! What is there for us to fear? What can happen that can change this one...
Replies
Views
  • Article
But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us, Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;) —Ephesians 2:4-5 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... We have no claim to bring to God that he should love us, accept us, or...
Replies
Views
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Latest Blogs & Articles

Top Bottom