But when Jesus heard that, he said unto them, They that be whole need not a physician, but they that are sick.

—Matthew 9:12 (KJV)

Thoughts on Today's Verse...

Why did Jesus associate with sinners? Because we need him to associate with us! What's the most crucial part of that truth: Jesus' desire to save or our recognition of our sinfulness? Of course the most crucial part is Jesus' desire to save because without him, recognizing our sinfulness would only lead to despair. But without recognizing our need for his grace, his sacrifice for us is lost. So let's praise Jesus as our loving and sacrificial Savior, but let's also acknowledge our need for his merciful and mighty grace!

My Prayer...

Gracious Father, I praise you from the bottom of my heart for providing Jesus as my Savior. At the same time, dear Father, I confess to you I struggle with sin. I want it completely out of my life, but I find that I cannot rid myself of its constant shadow and its penetrating stain. Without your grace and the sacrifice of Jesus, I know I could not stand before you as your pure child. Please forgive me for the following sins ... and please receive my praise for your gracious forgiveness. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

All scripture quotations, unless otherwise indicated, are taken from the HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION. © 1973, 1978, 1984 by International Bible Society. Used by permission of Zondervan Publishing House.
tC4ItKZYb9U


Continue reading...
 

Latest Activity (auto refresh)

Loading…

Similar Requests

  • Article Article
And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth. Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I...
Replies
0
Views
95
  • Article Article
He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am? And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God. —Matthew 16:15-16 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... There is no other name under heaven that can save us other than Jesus (Acts 4:12). He is the way, the truth...
Replies
0
Views
134
  • Article Article
But Jesus said, Suffer little children, and forbid them not, to come unto me: for of such is the kingdom of heaven. —Matthew 19:14 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... In an age that neglected children and held them in low regard, Jesus' love for children and his tenderness with them are...
Replies
0
Views
147
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Forum statistics

Threads
2,093,903
Messages
16,804,486
Members
650,378
Latest member
Swelxirway

Latest Blogs & Articles

Back
Top Bottom