Which of you by taking thought can add one cubit unto his stature?

—Matthew 6:27 (KJV)

Thoughts on Today's Verse...

In our busy world, we often let ourselves get preoccupied with worrisome and inconsequential things. What does this get us? Far from making our lives more productive or adding to our longevity, we know for a fact that worry hastens our demise and robs our days of joy and grace.

My Prayer...

Father, thank you. Thank you for making the earth hold its orbit and my heart have its beat. Thank you for giving me a future beyond the boundary markers of my mortality. Thank you for pouring your grace and numerous blessings into my life. Forgive me, Lord, when I do not count these blessings enough and begin to worry how I might acquire more or fear losing those things that I have. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

All scripture quotations, unless otherwise indicated, are taken from the HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION. © 1973, 1978, 1984 by International Bible Society. Used by permission of Zondervan Publishing House.
Dejr_YFnp64


Continue reading...
 

Latest Activity (auto refresh)

Loading…

Similar Requests

  • Article Article
And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth. Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I...
Replies
0
Views
95
  • Article Article
He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am? And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God. —Matthew 16:15-16 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... There is no other name under heaven that can save us other than Jesus (Acts 4:12). He is the way, the truth...
Replies
0
Views
134
  • Article Article
Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid. Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house. Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your...
Replies
0
Views
133
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Forum statistics

Threads
2,094,033
Messages
16,806,424
Members
650,489
Latest member
Stionar

Latest Blogs & Articles

Back
Top Bottom