Today's Verse - Matthew 3:1-2 (KJV)

Nobody is reading this thread right now.

And saying, Repent ye: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.

Matthew 3:1-2 (KJV)

Thoughts on Today's Verse...​

John's words sound strange in a world afraid to tell the truth about sin, wickedness, and evil. Yet all lost people — people who do not know Jesus and those who claim to follow him but don't obey him — we all desperately need to repent. That means changing our hearts and lives, seeking after God, and turning our behaviors around to live for Jesus as LORD. We choose to follow and obey him, not our wants. Yes, salvation is given to us by God's incredible grace. On the other hand, grace that leaves us unchanged is not true grace. Grace not only forgives us through Jesus' sacrificial death on the Cross and our faith in him but also liberates us from the empty and destructive life without God, his guidance, and our purpose.

My Prayer...​

Forgive me, dear Heavenly Father, for my sin. I turn my heart back to you and commit to live my life according to your will and for your glory, not my own and certainly not the ways of this fallen, broken, and lost world. In Jesus' name, I pray. Amen.

All scripture quotations, unless otherwise indicated, are taken from the HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION. © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by International Bible Society. Used by permission of Zondervan Publishing House.

Continue reading...

Similar Requests

• Article
Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of faith. Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law. —Romans 3:27-28 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... God's salvation leaves us no room for boasting. We couldn't live...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord. And he shall send Jesus Christ, which before was preached unto you: —Acts 3:19-20 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... When did you last catch...
Replies
Views
  • Article
For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ. —1 Corinthians 3:11 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... There is only one foundation on which the Church and the Christian life can be built. That foundation is Jesus Christ (1 Peter 2:4-7; Ephesians 2:20). He is the...
Replies
Views
  • Article
But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets; Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference. —Romans 3:21-22 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse...
Replies
Views
  • Article
What then? are we better than they? No, in no wise: for we have before proved both Jews and Gentiles, that they are all under sin; As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one... —Romans 3:9-10 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... Paul is driving home the point in Romans 3 that none...
Replies
Views
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Latest Blogs & Articles

Top Bottom