Nobody is reading this thread right now.

But while he thought on these things, behold, the angel of the LORD appeared unto him in a dream, saying, Joseph, thou son of David, fear not to take unto thee Mary thy wife: for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Ghost. And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins.

Matthew 1:20-21 (KJV)

Thoughts on Today's Verse...​

Jesus first had to become the sins of the people before he could save them (us) from those sins (2 Corinthians 5:21; 1 John 4:10). His own people rejected him before his forgiveness could be received. Jesus' gift of salvation was incredibly costly to him. It is a reminder of two great truths: God loves us incredibly and salvation is a precious gift. In Jesus we know and experience both truths!

My Prayer...​

Almighty God and Savior, thank you for bearing the cost of my sin in Jesus. Thank you precious Lord for taking on human flesh and bearing it's difficulties and facing rejection so I could be saved. My salvation makes all other names pale in comparison to Jesus, in whom I offer all thanks and praise. Amen.

All scripture quotations, unless otherwise indicated, are taken from the HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION. © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by International Bible Society. Used by permission of Zondervan Publishing House.

Continue reading...

A riveting and compelling call to prayer shows you that your prayer life can be what God intends it to be. The child of God is driven to say, “I must pray, pray, pray. I must put all my energy and all my heart into prayer. Whatever else I do, I must pray.” This and other resources are now integrated into the Virtual Prayer Partner that you can interact with.

Similar Requests

• Article
And ye became followers of us, and of the Lord, having received the word in much affliction, with joy of the Holy Ghost. —1 Thessalonians 1:6 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... Many of us find it easy to let our circumstances determine our moods. Paul is addressing a group of new Christians...
Replies
Views
  • Article
For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved. But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God. —John 3:20-21 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... What's the power...
Replies
Views
  • Article
But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin. —1 John 1:7 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... As we draw near to the LORD and live for him, two incredible blessings come our way. First...
Replies
Views
  • Article
My son, if sinners entice thee, consent thou not. —Proverbs 1:10 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... The real issue isn't "if" but "when" we're enticed and tempted! Our children face tremendous peer pressure and temptations. We do, too! We must help them resist the enticements of this...
Replies
Views
  • Article
In him was life; and the life was the light of men. And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not. —John 1:4-5 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... Jesus provides life that brings us light. His life provides us with genuine, lasting, and inextinguishable light. Jesus...
Replies
Views
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Latest Blogs & Articles

Top Bottom