Today's Verse - John 5:30 (KJV)

[Jesus said] "I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me."

—John 5:30 (KJV)

Thoughts on Today's Verse...​


"So who you tryin' to please, anyway?" These words from my dad still ring in my ears. His point? There are only two voices we MUST please:
  1. Our Father in heaven, because all praise and honor are due him.
  2. Ourselves, because we want to know that we've done our best and been the best we could be for God.
Over the years, however, I've learned that I can't begin to honor the second voice very well without seeking the first will of the Father, the heart and character behind the first voice. Don't you hope that someday you reach the place where you can join Jesus in saying with absolute assurance: "I seek not to please myself but him who sent me!" The closer we approach that reality, the more we realize that we can't do anything of eternal significance on our own. Only when we live to honor God do we achieve the significance and have the impact that our lives were made to have.

My Prayer...​


Almighty and Righteous Father, I know that without you, I can do nothing of lasting significance that is good. I have tried my way and failed. I have sought my good and seen my success short-lived. I want to live now, today, and the rest of my life to please you. As I do this, I am confident that you will provide what I need and empower me to accomplish what you would have me achieve. In Jesus' name, I thank you. Amen.

All scripture quotations, unless otherwise indicated, are taken from the HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION. © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by International Bible Society. Used by permission of Zondervan Publishing House.

Continue reading...
 
[Jesus said] "I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me."

—John 5:30 (KJV)

Thoughts on Today's Verse...​


"So who you tryin' to please, anyway?" These words from my dad still ring in my ears. His point? There are only two voices we MUST please:
  1. Our Father in heaven, because all praise and honor are due him.
  2. Ourselves, because we want to know that we've done our best and been the best we could be for God.
Over the years, however, I've learned that I can't begin to honor the second voice very well without seeking the first will of the Father, the heart and character behind the first voice. Don't you hope that someday you reach the place where you can join Jesus in saying with absolute assurance: "I seek not to please myself but him who sent me!" The closer we approach that reality, the more we realize that we can't do anything of eternal significance on our own. Only when we live to honor God do we achieve the significance and have the impact that our lives were made to have.

My Prayer...​


Almighty and Righteous Father, I know that without you, I can do nothing of lasting significance that is good. I have tried my way and failed. I have sought my good and seen my success short-lived. I want to live now, today, and the rest of my life to please you. As I do this, I am confident that you will provide what I need and empower me to accomplish what you would have me achieve. In Jesus' name, I thank you. Amen.

All scripture quotations, unless otherwise indicated, are taken from the HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION. © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by International Bible Society. Used by permission of Zondervan Publishing House.

Continue reading...
The will of the Father we must seek and His holy presence will follow us along with blessings upon blessings coming our way. Bless the Lord o my soul and all that is within me bless His holy name. Amen
 

Latest Activity (auto refresh)

Loading…

Similar Requests

  • Article Article
And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand. I and my Father are one. —John 10:28-30 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's...
Replies
0
Views
206
  • Article Article
Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him. —John 14:23 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... At many Christian funerals and memorials, the preacher emphasizes that Jesus has gone...
Replies
0
Views
95
  • Article Article
Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent. —John 6:29 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... Do you believe in Jesus - not just "kinda believe" in Jesus, but do you really believe? Years ago, shortly after ### came back from his mission...
Replies
0
Views
85
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Forum statistics

Threads
2,093,029
Messages
16,794,540
Members
649,593
Latest member
Moruaroth

Latest Blogs & Articles

Back
Top Bottom