Today's Verse - John 3:30 (KJV)

Nobody is reading this thread right now.

He must increase, but I must decrease.

John 3:30 (KJV)

Thoughts on Today's Verse...​

This ultimate formula for greatness did not take many words for John the Baptist to articulate. What's your formula? Paul told the Galatians that they needed a similar approach to greatness: Christ must be formed in them (Galatians 4:19). He told the Colossians that he expended every ounce of energy God supplied to have them become mature in their complete and perfect in their conformity to Jesus (Colossians 1:28-29). Paul told the Corinthians the Spirit was transforming them to become like Jesus with ever-increasing likeness as they pursued Jesus as LORD (2 Corinthians 3:18). Most importantly, Jesus the goal of any of his faithful followers, his disciples, should be to become like him, their Teacher and Lord (Luke 6:40). So, don't you think that maybe this is the essential formula for your life? Jesus must become greater in us as what we selfishly want becomes less!

My Prayer...​

Dear Father in heaven, in my heart, and in my life, may Jesus become more significant and I become less because I know less of me, and more of Jesus living through me will be far more than I could ever be without him! In Jesus' name, I ask this. Amen.

All scripture quotations, unless otherwise indicated, are taken from the HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION. © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by International Bible Society. Used by permission of Zondervan Publishing House.

Continue reading...

"Oh the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God!" Read about the deep things of God and the riches of his grace. This and other resources are now integrated into the Virtual Prayer Partner that you can interact with.
In Jesus’ name may the Lord bless you, keep you, and protect you. May the Lord make His face to shine and smile on you. May the Lord lift up His countenance upon you, be gracious to you, show you his favor, and give you great peace as you walk with Him, draw closer to Him, and respect and honor him. Amen!

Similar Requests

• Article
My little children, of whom I travail in birth again until Christ be formed in you... —Galatians 4:19 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... Paul had a clear goal for new followers of Jesus; he wanted Jesus to be formed in them. He wanted them to become fully mature in Christ (Colossians...
Replies
Views
  • Article
But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord. —2 Corinthians 3:18 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... "Transformed ... with ever-increasing glory." In other words, it's an...
Replies
Views
  • Article
There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love. —1 John 4:18 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... Do you remember what Jesus said when he walked on the water, coming to his disciples through the storm? He told...
Replies
Views
  • Article
What then? are we better than they? No, in no wise: for we have before proved both Jews and Gentiles, that they are all under sin; As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one... —Romans 3:9-10 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... Paul is driving home the point in Romans 3 that none...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Let no man despise thy youth; but be thou an example of the believers, in word, in conversation, in charity, in spirit, in faith, in purity. —1 Timothy 4:12 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... We must not dismiss the idealistic passions of our youth. If you are younger, you are not only part...
Replies
Views
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Latest Blogs & Articles

Top Bottom