Today's Verse - John 17:26 (KJV)

And I have declared unto them thy name, and will declare it: that the love wherewith thou hast loved me may be in them, and I in them.

—John 17:26 (KJV)

Thoughts on Today's Verse...​


Jesus reveals God to us. That's John's Gospel in a nutshell, and his clear message in John 1:1-18. Jesus even promised that as we love each other and obey him, he is present with us, reveals himself to us, and he and the Father make their home in us (John 14:21, 23). One of the reasons Jesus does this is so that we can know who God is and what is important to our Father. The most significant thing on Jesus' heart in this prayer is that we share his love for one another. In this way, Jesus comes to life in us, is real to us, and makes his presence known through us.

Video Commentary...​


ToGather Worship Guide | More ToGather Videos

My Prayer...​


Almighty God and loving Father, please fill me with your love for my brothers and sisters in Christ. I want to honor you in the way I treat them and share the love of Christ in the way I interact with them and serve them. So, please bless me as I seek to be a more gracious child of your love. I pray this in Jesus' name, so that I may become more like him in his love for your children. Amen.

All scripture quotations, unless otherwise indicated, are taken from the HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION. © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by International Bible Society. Used by permission of Zondervan Publishing House.

Continue reading...
 

Latest Activity (auto refresh)

Loading…

Similar Requests

  • Article Article
Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him. —John 14:23 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... At many Christian funerals and memorials, the preacher emphasizes that Jesus has gone...
Replies
0
Views
95
  • Article Article
Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent. —John 6:29 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... Do you believe in Jesus - not just "kinda believe" in Jesus, but do you really believe? Years ago, shortly after ### came back from his mission...
Replies
0
Views
85
  • Article Article
But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God. —John 1:12-13 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... We live in a time and culture...
Replies
0
Views
113
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Forum statistics

Threads
2,092,903
Messages
16,793,411
Members
649,466
Latest member
Ziuldoornor

Latest Blogs & Articles

Back
Top Bottom