I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep.

—John 10:11 (KJV)

Thoughts on Today's Verse...​


The Bible uses the term "shepherd" for different kinds of Godly leaders. Only One, however, is the quintessential good Shepherd (Psalm 23:1-6; John 10:11-18). We follow this Shepherd because he values us above his own life — "The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep." Jesus shows us that the heart of godly leadership is loving sacrifice, not a status-seeking privilege, and it is caring service, not a selfish attention-seeking position (1 Peter 5:1-4). As God's sheep, we are saved because Jesus IS our Good Shepherd who laid down his life to us to bring us home safely to God!

My Prayer...​


Holy and sacrificial Father, I am humbled to silence by your plan to have Jesus be Lord and Lamb, Shepherd and Sacrifice. Thank you for giving me life through his death. Thank you for showing me leadership through his example. I offer you my undying thanks in Jesus' name. Amen.

All scripture quotations, unless otherwise indicated, are taken from the HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION. © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by International Bible Society. Used by permission of Zondervan Publishing House.

Continue reading...
 

Latest Activity (auto refresh)

Loading…

Similar Requests

  • Article Article
Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him. —John 14:23 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... At many Christian funerals and memorials, the preacher emphasizes that Jesus has gone...
Replies
0
Views
94
  • Article Article
And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand. I and my Father are one. —John 10:28-30 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's...
Replies
0
Views
206
  • Article Article
But he knoweth the way that I take: when he hath tried me, I shall come forth as gold. My foot hath held his steps, his way have I kept, and not declined. —Job 23:10-11 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... How we long for Job's words in this verse to be our true confession. We are not yet gold...
Replies
0
Views
245
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Forum statistics

Threads
2,092,683
Messages
16,791,325
Members
649,272
Latest member
Calouford

Latest Blogs & Articles

Back
Top Bottom