Today's Verse - John 1:4-5 (KJV)

Nobody is reading this thread right now.

In him was life; and the life was the light of men. And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.

John 1:4-5 (KJV)

Thoughts on Today's Verse...​

Jesus provides life that brings us light. His life provides us with genuine, lasting, and inextinguishable light. Jesus brings us life that gives us light that Satan's darkness cannot steal away. God sent Jesus to shine into our darkness, and all of Satan's forces and all of Satan's demonic angels cannot put this deepest darkness together again because Jesus' light shines! Hallelujah!

My Prayer...​

For every good and perfect gift (James 1:17), for the inextinguishable Light I have even in my moments of deepest darkness (John 1:5), for the hope of living with you in glorious and unapproachable light (1 Timothy 6:16), I thank you and praise you with eternal joy (Romans 2:7), O God, now and forever. In Jesus' name. Amen.

All scripture quotations, unless otherwise indicated, are taken from the HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION. © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by International Bible Society. Used by permission of Zondervan Publishing House.

Continue reading...

In him was life; and the life was the light of men. And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.

John 1:4-5 (KJV)

Thoughts on Today's Verse...​

Jesus provides life that brings us light. His life provides us with genuine, lasting, and inextinguishable light. Jesus brings us life that gives us light that Satan's darkness cannot steal away. God sent Jesus to shine into our darkness, and all of Satan's forces and all of Satan's demonic angels cannot put this deepest darkness together again because Jesus' light shines! Hallelujah!

My Prayer...​

For every good and perfect gift (James 1:17), for the inextinguishable Light I have even in my moments of deepest darkness (John 1:5), for the hope of living with you in glorious and unapproachable light (1 Timothy 6:16), I thank you and praise you with eternal joy (Romans 2:7), O God, now and forever. In Jesus' name. Amen.

All scripture quotations, unless otherwise indicated, are taken from the HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION. © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by International Bible Society. Used by permission of Zondervan Publishing House.

Continue reading...
Amen

"Oh the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God!" Read about the deep things of God and the riches of his grace. This and other resources are now integrated into the Virtual Prayer Partner that you can interact with.

Similar Requests

• Article
And this commandment have we from him, That he who loveth God love his brother also. —1 John 4:21 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... Some things are very simple. We can't love God and refuse to love each other. This is not hard to understand. On the other hand, some of our "kinfolks" in the...
Replies
Views
  • Article
There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love. —1 John 4:18 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... Do you remember what Jesus said when he walked on the water, coming to his disciples through the storm? He told...
Replies
Views
  • Article
But if from thence thou shalt seek the LORD thy God, thou shalt find him, if thou seek him with all thy heart and with all thy soul. —Deuteronomy 4:29 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... When was the last time you yearningly searched after God? I'm not talking about an obscure theological...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins. —1 John 4:10 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... Love is demonstrated, not just communicated verbally. When the Scriptures tell us that God loves us, they always show God's...
Replies
Views
  • Article
That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world. —Philippians 2:14-15 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... We shouldn't be surprised that unbelievers around us have different values...
Replies
Views
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Latest Blogs & Articles

Top Bottom