Today's Verse - John 1:12-13 (KJV)

Nobody is reading this thread right now.

But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

John 1:12-13 (KJV)

Thoughts on Today's Verse...​

We live in a time and culture obsessed with individual rights. "It's my right to ___." Just fill in the blank. But none of us has the right to be God's child on our own merit, status, or position. God's grace gives us that right. This right came to us at great cost to God. Jesus came to earth, lived, died, and was raised from the dead. We receive this grace through faith (Ephesians 2:8-10). God gives us new birth as we trust in Jesus as Lord (Romans 10:9-10). And we get to be baptized into Christ Jesus and share in his death, burial, and resurrection (Romans 6:3-14). We are born a new child of God through the power of the Holy Spirit (John 3:3-7; Galatians 3:26-29; Titus 3:3-7). To be born of God, to be born from above, to be born "again" (John 3:3-7) means we are adopted as children into God's family with all the rights of heirs and as co-heirs with Christ Jesus (Romans 8:14-17; Galatians 4:1-7).

My Prayer...​

Abba Father, thank you for including me in your family. May my life today reflect your influence, character, mercy, holiness, compassion, righteousness, and love. I want to be like you, my Father. So just as I was born into your family by the power of the Holy Spirit, please fill me with your Spirit today so that I will reflect you in all I do and say this day. I want to be a child that reflects my Father's nature. In the name of my older brother Jesus, I pray. Amen.

All scripture quotations, unless otherwise indicated, are taken from the HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION. © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by International Bible Society. Used by permission of Zondervan Publishing House.

Continue reading...

But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

John 1:12-13 (KJV)

Thoughts on Today's Verse...​

We live in a time and culture obsessed with individual rights. "It's my right to ___." Just fill in the blank. But none of us has the right to be God's child on our own merit, status, or position. God's grace gives us that right. This right came to us at great cost to God. Jesus came to earth, lived, died, and was raised from the dead. We receive this grace through faith (Ephesians 2:8-10). God gives us new birth as we trust in Jesus as Lord (Romans 10:9-10). And we get to be baptized into Christ Jesus and share in his death, burial, and resurrection (Romans 6:3-14). We are born a new child of God through the power of the Holy Spirit (John 3:3-7; Galatians 3:26-29; Titus 3:3-7). To be born of God, to be born from above, to be born "again" (John 3:3-7) means we are adopted as children into God's family with all the rights of heirs and as co-heirs with Christ Jesus (Romans 8:14-17; Galatians 4:1-7).

My Prayer...​

Abba Father, thank you for including me in your family. May my life today reflect your influence, character, mercy, holiness, compassion, righteousness, and love. I want to be like you, my Father. So just as I was born into your family by the power of the Holy Spirit, please fill me with your Spirit today so that I will reflect you in all I do and say this day. I want to be a child that reflects my Father's nature. In the name of my older brother Jesus, I pray. Amen.

All scripture quotations, unless otherwise indicated, are taken from the HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION. © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by International Bible Society. Used by permission of Zondervan Publishing House.

Continue reading...
Thank you Jesus for saving my soul and choosing me a Your dear child. I am ready to continue to live a holy and pure life and at the end of my life, I want to see Your smiling face at the gates of heaven.

"Oh the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God!" Read about the deep things of God and the riches of his grace. This and other resources are now integrated into the Virtual Prayer Partner that you can interact with.

Similar Requests

• Article
And this commandment have we from him, That he who loveth God love his brother also. —1 John 4:21 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... Some things are very simple. We can't love God and refuse to love each other. This is not hard to understand. On the other hand, some of our "kinfolks" in the...
Replies
Views
  • Article
He must increase, but I must decrease. —John 3:30 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... This ultimate formula for greatness did not take many words for John the Baptist to articulate. What's your formula? Paul told the Galatians that they needed a similar approach to greatness: Christ must be...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins. —1 John 4:10 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... Love is demonstrated, not just communicated verbally. When the Scriptures tell us that God loves us, they always show God's...
Replies
Views
  • Article
There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love. —1 John 4:18 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... Do you remember what Jesus said when he walked on the water, coming to his disciples through the storm? He told...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not. —1 John 3:1 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... Some gifts are too precious for words and too wonderful to fully appreciate. The...
Replies
Views
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Latest Blogs & Articles

Top Bottom