Today's Verse - Job 37:5 (KJV)

Nobody is reading this thread right now.

God thundereth marvellously with his voice; great things doeth he, which we cannot comprehend.

Job 37:5 (KJV)

Thoughts on Today's Verse...

How does God help us know his will? Clearly God has given us the Scriptures and the Holy Spirit to help us understand the Scriptures. What about more subtle and less defined ways? Most of us have had a "cluster of divine coincidences" (several events in close proximity to prayer): a friend calls/writes at just the right time; we read an article or hear a sermon that has a comment or two directed at just the area of our concern or confusion; several songs in worship convict us in the area on which we are seeking the Lord's guidance; or we simply feel a pull on our conscience that helps us discern right from wrong in a difficult situation. God really means it when he says that if we will pray for wisdom without doubting he'll give it to us, and that if we are truly seeking him we will find him. His voice does thunder in marvelous ways!

My Prayer...

Holy God, please help me discern your will about several important matters in my life. I don't want to make my decisions based on my limited human wisdom. Please lead me by your Spirit in the direction you want me to go and use me to bring you glory and praise. Thank you for caring about my life enough to show me your way more clearly. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

All scripture quotations, unless otherwise indicated, are taken from the HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION. © 1973, 1978, 1984 by International Bible Society. Used by permission of Zondervan Publishing House.
bqCkna2sC6g

Continue reading...

Similar Requests

• Article
God thundereth marvellously with his voice; great things doeth he, which we cannot comprehend. —Job 37:5 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... How does God help us know his will? Clearly, God has given us the Scriptures and the Holy Spirit to help us understand those Scriptures. What about more...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus: Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: —Philippians 2:5-6 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... What a glorious thought! What a lofty aspiration! What an incredible challenge! I am to have the same...
Replies
Views
  • Article
And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul. —Genesis 2:7 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... We are God's creation, each of us. He fashioned and formed our original ancestor out of the dust of the...
Replies
Views
  • Article
But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us, Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;) —Ephesians 2:4-5 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... We have no claim to bring to God that he should love us, accept us, or...
Replies
Views
  • Article
And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. —Genesis 1:26 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's...
Replies
Views
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Latest Blogs & Articles

Top Bottom