Today's Verse - Jeremiah 2:28 (KJV)

Nobody is reading this thread right now.

But where are thy gods that thou hast made thee? let them arise, if they can save thee in the time of thy trouble: for according to the number of thy cities are thy gods, O Judah.

Jeremiah 2:28 (KJV)

Thoughts on Today's Verse...​

Let's focus on a straightforward concept today. We must worship God alone! Based on the allocation of our time, interests, lifestyle, money expenditures, and speech, who or what is our god? Is it the Lord God? We do not want to be followers of Jesus in name only and live our lives for false gods. We must love him first and most and only worship him. Only he can deliver us from trouble!

My Prayer...​

We are convicted, dear Heavenly Father, of how many false gods crowd into our world and seek our attention. Please bless us and empower us with undivided hearts. We want our hearts to be free from anything false that might distort or diminish our loyalty to you and you alone as God. In Jesus' name, we pray. Amen.

All scripture quotations, unless otherwise indicated, are taken from the HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION. © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by International Bible Society. Used by permission of Zondervan Publishing House.

Continue reading...

Similar Requests

• Article
Let no man despise thy youth; but be thou an example of the believers, in word, in conversation, in charity, in spirit, in faith, in purity. —1 Timothy 4:12 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... We must not dismiss the idealistic passions of our youth. If you are younger, you are not only part...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Daniel answered in the presence of the king, and said, "The secret which the king hath demanded cannot the wise men, the astrologers, the magicians, the soothsayers, shew unto the king; but there is a God in heaven that revealeth secrets ..." —Daniel 2:27-28 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of faith. Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law. —Romans 3:27-28 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... God's salvation leaves us no room for boasting. We couldn't live...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Ye yourselves bear me witness, that I said, I am not the Christ, but that I am sent before him. He that hath the bride is the bridegroom: but the friend of the bridegroom, which standeth and heareth him, rejoiceth greatly because of the bridegroom's voice: this my joy therefore is fulfilled...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Be astonished, O ye heavens, at this, and be horribly afraid, be ye very desolate, saith the LORD. For my people have committed two evils; they have forsaken me the fountain of living waters, and hewed them out cisterns, broken cisterns, that can hold no water. —Jeremiah 2:12-13 (KJV) Thoughts...
Replies
Views
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Latest Blogs & Articles

Top Bottom