Today's Verse - Jeremiah 2:12-13 (KJV)

Nobody is reading this thread right now.

Be astonished, O ye heavens, at this, and be horribly afraid, be ye very desolate, saith the LORD. For my people have committed two evils; they have forsaken me the fountain of living waters, and hewed them out cisterns, broken cisterns, that can hold no water.

Jeremiah 2:12-13 (KJV)

Thoughts on Today's Verse...​

Where do you turn to have the thirst of your soul slaked? I firmly believe that many addictive habits and sins are the result of pursuing things to satisfy this thirst in our soul by some means other than seeking God. He is the only source of true and lasting refreshment, satisfaction, and fulfillment. Let's pursue God, knowing that only he can satisfy the desires of our souls. All other things we pursue in God's place leave us parched and empty of the water our souls need!

My Prayer...​

Thank you, O God, for caring that my soul thirsts with soul-level thirst. Thank you for providing your Living Water through the Holy Spirit to satisfy this longing deep within my soul. Help me see the deceptiveness of every false source of satisfaction so that I can find my thirst properly and fully satisfied in you. In Jesus' name, I ask this. Amen.

All scripture quotations, unless otherwise indicated, are taken from the HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION. © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by International Bible Society. Used by permission of Zondervan Publishing House.

Continue reading...

Similar Requests

• Article
I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. —Philippians 4:13 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... I don't know about you, but I know I've grown soft and spoiled because of all the conveniences I have allowed into my life. If these conveniences were to vanish suddenly, could I...
Replies
Views
  • Article
That ye put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts; and be renewed in the spirit of your mind.. —Ephesians 4:22-23 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... God makes us new when we become disciples of Jesus (2 Corinthians 5:17). Most of...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Who was delivered for our offences, and was raised again for our justification. —Romans 4:25 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... Why are the Cross and the Empty Tomb so important? Everything essential and truly lasting in this life and our salvation in the life to come depends upon Jesus'...
Replies
Views
  • Article
But if from thence thou shalt seek the LORD thy God, thou shalt find him, if thou seek him with all thy heart and with all thy soul. —Deuteronomy 4:29 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... When was the last time you yearningly searched after God? I'm not talking about an obscure theological...
Replies
Views
  • Article
But where are thy gods that thou hast made thee? let them arise, if they can save thee in the time of thy trouble: for according to the number of thy cities are thy gods, O Judah. —Jeremiah 2:28 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... Let's focus on a straightforward concept today. We must worship...
Replies
Views
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Latest Blogs & Articles

Top Bottom