They are turned back to the iniquities of their forefathers, which refused to hear my words; and they went after other gods to serve them: the house of Israel and the house of Judah have broken my covenant which I made with their fathers.

—Jeremiah 11:10 (KJV)

Thoughts on Today's Verse...​


Sometimes, those with the most significant opportunities for God's blessings spurn them and fall back into the sinful habits of their past heritage and culture. The consequences of their rejection of God and his will are enormous. Israel and Judah are our cautionary warnings from the Old Covenant. For the last ten days in our devotionals, we've anticipated our glorious future as God's children and feasted on the promises of what lies ahead for us in our walk with Christ. Unfortunately, some never climb on board the train of grace. They don't follow God. They don't believe in Jesus. They disdain those who do. In the face of their rejection of God and their criticisms of us, let's ensure we are truly faithful to God's calling, not just in word but also in heart and deed.

My Prayer...​


Dear Heavenly Father, I look forward to being with you. Yet, dear Father, I face many challenges in my commitment to be faithful. I don't want to fall into the evil and sinful habits of some who have gone before me and rebelled against you. Please empower my faith to be like those who served you wholeheartedly and embrace my future in glory with Jesus joyfully (Colossians 3:1-4). Please, dear Father, deliver me from any impure deed or thought as I surrender myself wholeheartedly to your will. In Jesus' name. Amen.

All scripture quotations, unless otherwise indicated, are taken from the HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION. © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by International Bible Society. Used by permission of Zondervan Publishing House.

Continue reading...
 

Latest Activity (auto refresh)

Loading…

Similar Requests

  • Article Article
The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it? I the LORD search the heart, I try the reins, even to give every man according to his ways, and according to the fruit of his doings. —Jeremiah 17:9-10 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... Jesus told us that what...
Replies
0
Views
113
  • Article Article
Thus saith the LORD the maker thereof, the LORD that formed it, to establish it; the LORD is his name; Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and shew thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not. —Jeremiah 33:2-3 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... In a universe of billions of stars...
Replies
0
Views
105
  • Article Article
Can any hide himself in secret places that I shall not see him? saith the LORD. Do not I fill heaven and earth? saith the LORD. —Jeremiah 23:24 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... There is no hiding from God, but for those who willingly and joyously seek him, there is great comfort, power, and...
Replies
0
Views
87
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Forum statistics

Threads
2,093,189
Messages
16,796,990
Members
649,742
Latest member
Qierion

Latest Blogs & Articles

Back
Top Bottom