Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.

—James 5:16 (KJV)

Thoughts on Today's Verse...​


To confess is to do two things with our sin: 1) to recognize sin for what it is in God's eyes and 2) to get rid of our secrets and be honest with another Christian. James' language is powerful. He mentions that this confession doesn't just bring forgiveness. It also brings healing.

My Prayer...​


Holy Father, I have sinned. I now confess my own personal sin of ____________. I ask for your forgiveness and for your Spirit to strengthen me in overcoming temptation. I want to live for you and not let my sin, any sin, entangle me and draw me away from you. Through Jesus I pray. Amen.

All scripture quotations, unless otherwise indicated, are taken from the HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION. © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by International Bible Society. Used by permission of Zondervan Publishing House.

Continue reading...
 
Yes, I always confess my sins to God and then ask my fellow brothers and sisters to pray for me so the devil will not tempt me no more.
 
I always confess my sins too, for instance, I have had fears during this bad weather and had to overcome and remember the Lord telling me to fear not!! Praise His Holy Name!
 

Latest Activity (auto refresh)

Loading…

Similar Requests

  • Article Article
Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much. —James 5:16 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... To confess our sins means we do two things with our sins: We recognize sin for what it is in...
Replies
0
Views
176
  • Article Article
Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much. —James 5:16 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... To confess and be rid of our guilt of sin is to do three things with our sin: Recognize sin for...
Replies
0
Views
206
  • Article Article
Who is a wise man and endued with knowledge among you? let him shew out of a good conversation his works with meekness of wisdom. —James 3:13 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... James promised that if we ask for wisdom in faith, God will grant it to us (James 1:5). This kind of wisdom...
Replies
0
Views
79
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Forum statistics

Threads
2,093,345
Messages
16,798,444
Members
649,862
Latest member
Aelaerdiinmont

Latest Blogs & Articles

Back
Top Bottom