Today's Verse - James 4:17 (KJV)

Nobody is reading this thread right now.

Therefore to him that knoweth to do good, and doeth it not, to him it is sin.

James 4:17 (KJV)

Thoughts on Today's Verse...​

James' brother, Jesus, taught this principle when he healed on the Sabbath (Mark 3:1-7) and told the parable of the Good Samaritan (Luke 10:29-37). If we have the opportunity and ability to do good to someone in need, then if we don't do it, then we are participating in their destruction. The LORD made it clear that neglecting to do a good deed for another in need, even if we had a religious excuse for not doing it, was doing evil. Let's be a people known for doing good deeds and sharing kindness. Let's not let any excuse, especially a religious excuse, interfere with our opportunities to serve others in the name of Jesus.

My Prayer...​

Dear Father, please use me today to bless someone in need so they can know your grace and glorify Jesus for his goodness. In the Savior's sweet and precious name, I pray. Amen.

All scripture quotations, unless otherwise indicated, are taken from the HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION. © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by International Bible Society. Used by permission of Zondervan Publishing House.

Continue reading...

Lord God help me to always help others that are in need and to always do good unto my brethren and sistren ! Direct and order my steps In Jesus Christ Name Amen

"Oh the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God!" Read about the deep things of God and the riches of his grace. This and other resources are now integrated into the Virtual Prayer Partner that you can interact with.
Therefore to him that knoweth to do good, and doeth it not, to him it is sin.

James 4:17 (KJV)

Thoughts on Today's Verse...​

James' brother, Jesus, taught this principle when he healed on the Sabbath (Mark 3:1-7) and told the parable of the Good Samaritan (Luke 10:29-37). If we have the opportunity and ability to do good to someone in need, then if we don't do it, then we are participating in their destruction. The LORD made it clear that neglecting to do a good deed for another in need, even if we had a religious excuse for not doing it, was doing evil. Let's be a people known for doing good deeds and sharing kindness. Let's not let any excuse, especially a religious excuse, interfere with our opportunities to serve others in the name of Jesus.

My Prayer...​

Dear Father, please use me today to bless someone in need so they can know your grace and glorify Jesus for his goodness. In the Savior's sweet and precious name, I pray. Amen.

All scripture quotations, unless otherwise indicated, are taken from the HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION. © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by International Bible Society. Used by permission of Zondervan Publishing House.

Continue reading...
Help me o Lord to do Thy will and continue to love others just as You have loved us.

Similar Requests

• Article
For to do whatsoever thy hand and thy counsel determined before to be done. —Acts 4:28 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... The cross of Golgotha and the sacrifice of Jesus for our sins were no afterthought or mistake. Jesus came as God's anointed, his holy Messiah, the Christ, the Suffering...
Replies
Views
  • Article
I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. —Philippians 4:13 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... I don't know about you, but I know I've grown soft and spoiled because of all the conveniences I have allowed into my life. If these conveniences were to vanish suddenly, could I...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Turn not to the right hand nor to the left: remove thy foot from evil. —Proverbs 4:27 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... When I see someone swerving in and out of their lane during heavy traffic, I immediately go into a defensive driving mode. Whether they are drunk, sleepy, distracted, or...
Replies
Views
  • Article
But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law... —Galatians 4:4 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... Wow! What a rich passage loaded with many wonderfully challenging ideas. God made history ready for the Savior, then sent his Son as that...
Replies
Views
  • Article
And this commandment have we from him, That he who loveth God love his brother also. —1 John 4:21 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... Some things are very simple. We can't love God and refuse to love each other. This is not hard to understand. On the other hand, some of our "kinfolks" in the...
Replies
Views
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Latest Blogs & Articles

Top Bottom