Today's Verse - James 1:12 (KJV)

Nobody is reading this thread right now.

Blessed is the man that endureth temptation: for when he is tried, he shall receive the crown of life, which the Lord hath promised to them that love him.

James 1:12 (KJV)

Thoughts on Today's Verse...​

This beatitude comes from Jesus' brother, James. He had experienced trials; he didn't just teach about them! James knew it was worth "hanging in" and "hanging on" when his faith was attacked. He affirmed that God loves us and has made his incredible promises about what lies ahead for us. He knew our testing and trials would eventually be transformed into a time of great blessing, victory, and honor. James wants us to know that God longs to bless us with life! After all, that's why God sent Jesus (John 10:10). So, hang on and hang in because the crown of life God longs to give lies in your future.

My Prayer...​

Dear LORD and Father, thank you for all those times you strengthened me when I was under attack and sustained me when I was weary and ready to quit. Please write "perseverance" deep within my soul and give me a spirit of tenacity so that I might serve you no matter the outward circumstances of my life. In the mighty name of Jesus, I promise to persevere and receive that crown of life. Amen.

All scripture quotations, unless otherwise indicated, are taken from the HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION. © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by International Bible Society. Used by permission of Zondervan Publishing House.

Continue reading...

A riveting and compelling call to prayer shows you that your prayer life can be what God intends it to be. The child of God is driven to say, “I must pray, pray, pray. I must put all my energy and all my heart into prayer. Whatever else I do, I must pray.” This and other resources are now integrated into the Virtual Prayer Partner that you can interact with.
Blessed is the man that endureth temptation: for when he is tried, he shall receive the crown of life, which the Lord hath promised to them that love him.

James 1:12 (KJV)

Thoughts on Today's Verse...​

This beatitude comes from Jesus' brother, James. He had experienced trials; he didn't just teach about them! James knew it was worth "hanging in" and "hanging on" when his faith was attacked. He affirmed that God loves us and has made his incredible promises about what lies ahead for us. He knew our testing and trials would eventually be transformed into a time of great blessing, victory, and honor. James wants us to know that God longs to bless us with life! After all, that's why God sent Jesus (John 10:10). So, hang on and hang in because the crown of life God longs to give lies in your future.

My Prayer...​

Dear LORD and Father, thank you for all those times you strengthened me when I was under attack and sustained me when I was weary and ready to quit. Please write "perseverance" deep within my soul and give me a spirit of tenacity so that I might serve you no matter the outward circumstances of my life. In the mighty name of Jesus, I promise to persevere and receive that crown of life. Amen.

All scripture quotations, unless otherwise indicated, are taken from the HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION. © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by International Bible Society. Used by permission of Zondervan Publishing House.

Continue reading...
Lamb of God be glorified in our life and the life of those we shared the Good News of Jesus Christ. Take away all kinds of temptations and evil from our life.

Similar Requests

• Article
Therefore to him that knoweth to do good, and doeth it not, to him it is sin. —James 4:17 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... James' brother, Jesus, taught this principle when he healed on the Sabbath (Mark 3:1-7) and told the parable of the Good Samaritan (Luke 10:29-37). If we have the...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Blessed is the man that endureth temptation: for when he is tried, he shall receive the crown of life, which the Lord hath promised to them that love him. —James 1:12 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... I don't know about you, but it is hard for me to appreciate our need to go through trials...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins. —1 John 4:10 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... Love is demonstrated, not just communicated verbally. When the Scriptures tell us that God loves us, they always show God's...
Replies
Views
  • Article
And this commandment have we from him, That he who loveth God love his brother also. —1 John 4:21 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... Some things are very simple. We can't love God and refuse to love each other. This is not hard to understand. On the other hand, some of our "kinfolks" in the...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded. —James 4:7-8 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... James always packs a lot of truth into...
Replies
Views
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Latest Blogs & Articles

Top Bottom