Today's Verse - James 1:12 (KJV)

Nobody is reading this thread right now.

Blessed is the man that endureth temptation: for when he is tried, he shall receive the crown of life, which the Lord hath promised to them that love him.

James 1:12 (KJV)

Thoughts on Today's Verse...​

I don't know about you, but it is hard for me to appreciate our need to go through trials. Trials in life are hard to tolerate and endure! This is especially true when we are in the middle of them and see no end in sight. But as believers in Jesus, we have vital spiritual reasons to persevere under trials. One of the best reasons to hang onto our faith and spiritual passion when things are tough is God's promise to give us the crown of life that can't be taken away from us. I want to stand the test and receive the crown, don't you? So, let's persevere under trials!

My Prayer...​

Gracious God, thank you for promising me the victor's crown of life. Please empower me to persevere through trials with the strength of your Holy Spirit to encourage, strengthen, and comfort me. In Jesus' name, I pray. Amen.

All scripture quotations, unless otherwise indicated, are taken from the HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION. © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by International Bible Society. Used by permission of Zondervan Publishing House.

Continue reading...

"Oh the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God!" Read about the deep things of God and the riches of his grace. This and other resources are now integrated into the Virtual Prayer Partner that you can interact with.

Similar Requests

• Article
Blessed is the man that endureth temptation: for when he is tried, he shall receive the crown of life, which the Lord hath promised to them that love him. —James 1:12 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... This beatitude comes from Jesus' brother, James. He had experienced trials; he didn't just...
Replies
Views
  • Article
And this commandment have we from him, That he who loveth God love his brother also. —1 John 4:21 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... Some things are very simple. We can't love God and refuse to love each other. This is not hard to understand. On the other hand, some of our "kinfolks" in the...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Meditate upon these things; give thyself wholly to them; that thy profiting may appear to all. Take heed unto thyself, and unto the doctrine; continue in them: for in doing this thou shalt both save thyself, and them that hear thee. —1 Timothy 4:15-16 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... "Be...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Therefore to him that knoweth to do good, and doeth it not, to him it is sin. —James 4:17 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... James' brother, Jesus, taught this principle when he healed on the Sabbath (Mark 3:1-7) and told the parable of the Good Samaritan (Luke 10:29-37). If we have the...
Replies
Views
  • Article
That ye put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts; and be renewed in the spirit of your mind.. —Ephesians 4:22-23 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... God makes us new when we become disciples of Jesus (2 Corinthians 5:17). Most of...
Replies
Views
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Latest Blogs & Articles

Top Bottom