Today's Verse - Isaiah 9:2 (KJV)

The people that walked in darkness have seen a great light: they that dwell in the land of the shadow of death, upon them hath the light shined.

—Isaiah 9:2 (KJV)

Thoughts on Today's Verse...​


God fulfilled this great promise of the prophet Isaiah with the coming of John the baptizer and Jesus (Matthew 4:15-16; Luke 1:76-79). Jesus came as the Light of the World (John 9:5) to cast out the darkness of Satan, evil, and death (John 12:31). So, as darkness falls tonight, find a street light and capture it in your memory to remind you to do two things every time you see such a light:
  1. Thank God for sending his Light, Jesus, to cast out our darkness.
  2. Commit to sharing that Light with those you know trapped in darkness.

My Prayer...​


Loving and eternal God, thank you for shining your Light into my heart through Jesus (2 Corinthians 4:6). I ask you, dear Father, for the Holy Spirit's help as I use my words and actions to bless those around me. I want them to see the Light of your grace and salvation that Jesus brings. My heart yearns for others to find their hope in him, your Son, our Savior. So, I pray in Jesus' name, hoping my influence helps others see Jesus more clearly as the Light for their lives. Amen.

All scripture quotations, unless otherwise indicated, are taken from the HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION. © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by International Bible Society. Used by permission of Zondervan Publishing House.

Continue reading...
 
The people that walked in darkness have seen a great light: they that dwell in the land of the shadow of death, upon them hath the light shined.

—Isaiah 9:2 (KJV)

Thoughts on Today's Verse...​


God fulfilled this great promise of the prophet Isaiah with the coming of John the baptizer and Jesus (Matthew 4:15-16; Luke 1:76-79). Jesus came as the Light of the World (John 9:5) to cast out the darkness of Satan, evil, and death (John 12:31). So, as darkness falls tonight, find a street light and capture it in your memory to remind you to do two things every time you see such a light:
  1. Thank God for sending his Light, Jesus, to cast out our darkness.
  2. Commit to sharing that Light with those you know trapped in darkness.

My Prayer...​


Loving and eternal God, thank you for shining your Light into my heart through Jesus (2 Corinthians 4:6). I ask you, dear Father, for the Holy Spirit's help as I use my words and actions to bless those around me. I want them to see the Light of your grace and salvation that Jesus brings. My heart yearns for others to find their hope in him, your Son, our Savior. So, I pray in Jesus' name, hoping my influence helps others see Jesus more clearly as the Light for their lives. Amen.

All scripture quotations, unless otherwise indicated, are taken from the HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION. © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by International Bible Society. Used by permission of Zondervan Publishing House.

Continue reading...
Amen
 

Latest Activity (auto refresh)

Loading…

Similar Requests

  • Article Article
Thus saith the LORD, thy Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel; I am the LORD thy God which teacheth thee to profit, which leadeth thee by the way that thou shouldest go. —Isaiah 48:17 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... Don't you sometimes long for the pillar of fire at night and the cloud by day...
Replies
0
Views
83
  • Article Article
And even to your old age I am he; and even to hoar hairs will I carry you: I have made, and I will bear; even I will carry, and will deliver you. —Isaiah 46:4 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... This promise was originally made in Isaiah's day to the faithful remnant of God's people living...
Replies
0
Views
107
  • Article Article
Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee. —Isaiah 26:3 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... It is naive, on one hand, to think that trusting in God makes all of our problems go away. Christians have many of the same problems that unbelievers...
Replies
0
Views
87
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Forum statistics

Threads
2,093,629
Messages
16,801,655
Members
650,146
Latest member
Streetorourview

Latest Blogs & Articles

Back
Top Bottom