Today's Verse - Isaiah 6:5 (KJV)

Then said I, Woe is me! for I am undone; because I am a man of unclean lips, and I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips: for mine eyes have seen the King, the LORD of hosts.

—Isaiah 6:5 (KJV)

Thoughts on Today's Verse...​


In a time when God's name is so readily taken in vain, this passage has a refreshing bite and warning: God is vastly superior and far more holy than we can ever be on our own merits. To come into his presence should shock us into the instant realization of how utterly sinful we have been and how unworthy we are to be in the presence of the King of Glory. To experience God, to stand before his incomparable presence, is to be aware of his holiness and humbled into an awe-filled reverence with deep thankfulness. God's name, holiness, and majesty confront us with our need for reverence in his presence are suddenly no longer a theory. Once we glimpse it, the LORD's name, holiness, and majesty become the passions of our lives!

My Prayer...​


O Almighty God, forgive me for the times I have not taken your holiness and honor seriously. Forgive me for using your holy name in ways that do not honor and glorify you. Forgive me for not treasuring the many names you have used to reveal your greatness and tenderness in Scripture. Forgive me because I know my imperfections, shortcomings, failures, and sinfulness. Without your grace, your holiness would be too pure for me to survive in your presence. Instead, dear Father, you welcome as your beloved child! Because of your grace, I can approach you with joy and anticipation! Thank you! Thank you, in Jesus' name. Amen.

All scripture quotations, unless otherwise indicated, are taken from the HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION. © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by International Bible Society. Used by permission of Zondervan Publishing House.

Continue reading...
 
Jesus will come to our life when we get saved and obey His word. Revelation of God is in Him alone. A glimpse of His glory will make us all full of joy and happiness in this life and then in the future.
 

Latest Activity (auto refresh)

Loading…

Similar Requests

  • Article Article
Thus saith the LORD, thy Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel; I am the LORD thy God which teacheth thee to profit, which leadeth thee by the way that thou shouldest go. —Isaiah 48:17 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... Don't you sometimes long for the pillar of fire at night and the cloud by day...
Replies
0
Views
84
  • Article Article
And even to your old age I am he; and even to hoar hairs will I carry you: I have made, and I will bear; even I will carry, and will deliver you. —Isaiah 46:4 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... This promise was originally made in Isaiah's day to the faithful remnant of God's people living...
Replies
0
Views
107
  • Article Article
Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee. —Isaiah 26:3 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... It is naive, on one hand, to think that trusting in God makes all of our problems go away. Christians have many of the same problems that unbelievers...
Replies
0
Views
87
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Forum statistics

Threads
2,093,953
Messages
16,804,977
Members
650,425
Latest member
Cyruirlartor

Latest Blogs & Articles

Back
Top Bottom