Today's Verse - Isaiah 55:6 (KJV)

Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near:

—Isaiah 55:6 (KJV)

Thoughts on Today's Verse...​


Isaiah declares that God is always close to those who genuinely seek after him and call on him as their God. In fact, God is fully present as Father, Son, and Holy Spirit in us, with us, and making his home in us when we obey him (John 14:15-17, 18, 23). The real problem is that we can drift away from him, lose interest in him, and leave his presence (Hebrews 2:1, 3:12). So let's seek God and receive his grace. Let's obey God and discover that his presence and help are with us, recognizing that he alone truly saves and makes his presence real in us and to us.

My Prayer...​


Father, please help me, through your Holy Spirit, as I grow into seeking you with all my heart. Please be real to me and make your presence known to me as I seek to know you through your Scriptures, your living Word (Jesus), and the Holy Spirit. I long to know you as my Abba Father and be known to you as your loving and obedient child. Bless me with your assuring presence as I learn complete trust in you as my tender but powerful Father. Father, not only be my God, but also be real to me in ways that transcend explanation and emotion. Help me to sense your nearness and to know your presence. In the name of Jesus I pray this. Amen.

All scripture quotations, unless otherwise indicated, are taken from the HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION. © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by International Bible Society. Used by permission of Zondervan Publishing House.

Continue reading...
 

Latest Activity (auto refresh)

Loading…

Similar Requests

  • Article Article
Thus saith the LORD, thy Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel; I am the LORD thy God which teacheth thee to profit, which leadeth thee by the way that thou shouldest go. —Isaiah 48:17 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... Don't you sometimes long for the pillar of fire at night and the cloud by day...
Replies
0
Views
83
  • Article Article
And even to your old age I am he; and even to hoar hairs will I carry you: I have made, and I will bear; even I will carry, and will deliver you. —Isaiah 46:4 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... This promise was originally made in Isaiah's day to the faithful remnant of God's people living...
Replies
0
Views
107
  • Article Article
For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. —Isaiah 55:8-9 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... No matter how hard we try to perceive...
Replies
1
Views
282
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Forum statistics

Threads
2,093,559
Messages
16,800,822
Members
650,082
Latest member
Doreafield

Latest Blogs & Articles

Back
Top Bottom