Today's Verse - Isaiah 53:3-4 (KJV)

He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not. Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted.

—Isaiah 53:3-4 (KJV)

Thoughts on Today's Verse...​


Jesus was everything, created everything, and gave up everything to become nothing for you and me (Philippians 2:5-8). Most of the people on earth he came to save didn't recognize him or accept him when he was here. Many in the crowds just assumed he deserved what he got, crucifixion. Most did not repent. But there was something about Jesus' self-sacrificing story, self-emptying story that grabs our hearts and calls us, God's lost children, home. On our journey home, we not only find him to be our Savior, but also the servant promised by God through Isaiah the prophet (Isaiah 42:1-9, 49:1-7, 50:4-9, 52:13-53:12), God's Son, who would make salvation to all of humankind.

My Prayer...​


God Almighty, your plan to redeem me takes my breath away. Why you chose to take your precious son and expose him to such public disgrace while he was on earth, I will never comprehend. But this I do know: you love me with an everlasting love, and so I will serve you with all of my strength in thanks for his great sacrifice. Thank you for your love. In the name of Jesus Christ, my LORD and Savior, I pray and praise you. Amen.

All scripture quotations, unless otherwise indicated, are taken from the HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION. © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by International Bible Society. Used by permission of Zondervan Publishing House.

Continue reading...
 

Latest Activity (auto refresh)

Loading…

Similar Requests

  • Article Article
And even to your old age I am he; and even to hoar hairs will I carry you: I have made, and I will bear; even I will carry, and will deliver you. —Isaiah 46:4 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... This promise was originally made in Isaiah's day to the faithful remnant of God's people living...
Replies
0
Views
106
  • Article Article
And in that day shall ye say, Praise the LORD, call upon his name, declare his doings among the people, make mention that his name is exalted. —Isaiah 12:4 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... It is wrong to think God's love for the nations began only with Jesus and his Great Commission...
Replies
0
Views
120
  • Article Article
But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed. All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all...
Replies
0
Views
268
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Forum statistics

Threads
2,093,194
Messages
16,797,048
Members
649,752
Latest member
Phuance

Latest Blogs & Articles

Back
Top Bottom