I, even I, am the LORD; and beside me there is no saviour. I have declared, and have saved, and I have shewed, when there was no strange god among you: therefore ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, that I am God.

—Isaiah 43:11-12 (KJV)

Thoughts on Today's Verse...​


1 Peter 2 reminds us that we are here as witnesses to "declare the praises of him who has called us out of darkness into his marvelous light." We have seen and experienced God's saving work. We are recipients of his blessing. We are the people who anticipate his mighty deliverance yet to come. How can we remain silent? How can we remain bitter, pessimistic, or discouraged? The God who made the tomb empty and made the corpse of Jesus our living and exalted Lord is our God. He is mighty to save. He is our Savior!

My Prayer...​


O Mighty God, I confess that I slip so easily into my day-to-day rut and grow immune to the joy and excitement of your salvation. Give me fresh eyes to see and a bold voice to tell of your glorious deeds, your mighty works, and your answered promises. I believe you are leading me to glory, so help me show and share that glory with those who do not know you as God, Savior, and King. In the name of Jesus Christ, my Savior I pray. Amen.

All scripture quotations, unless otherwise indicated, are taken from the HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION. © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by International Bible Society. Used by permission of Zondervan Publishing House.

Continue reading...
 

Latest Activity (auto refresh)

Loading…

Similar Requests

  • Article Article
And even to your old age I am he; and even to hoar hairs will I carry you: I have made, and I will bear; even I will carry, and will deliver you. —Isaiah 46:4 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... This promise was originally made in Isaiah's day to the faithful remnant of God's people living...
Replies
0
Views
107
  • Article Article
Thus saith the LORD, thy Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel; I am the LORD thy God which teacheth thee to profit, which leadeth thee by the way that thou shouldest go. —Isaiah 48:17 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... Don't you sometimes long for the pillar of fire at night and the cloud by day...
Replies
0
Views
83
  • Article Article
Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness. —Isaiah 41:10 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... Fear saps our willpower and leaves us feeling depleted and...
Replies
0
Views
148
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Forum statistics

Threads
2,093,237
Messages
16,797,381
Members
649,788
Latest member
Spuyzeinhold

Latest Blogs & Articles

Back
Top Bottom