Today's Verse - Isaiah 33:22 (KJV)

For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; he will save us.

—Isaiah 33:22 (KJV)

Thoughts on Today's Verse...​


When we think about God as our Judge, we normally think of falling under judgment and receiving punishment. Isaiah reminds us that God's being our Judge means he will judge us according to his will, rule, and grace. He is on our side and is looking to save us, not condemn us (John 3:16-17). His commands are rightfully given as our Creator and King, yet given to us to protect us and bless us. Using the New Testament idiom, when we stand before our Judge, we see our loving Father, and at his right hand is our Savior, who gave his life for us (Hebrews 1:3). As Paul so beautifully told us:
For all who are led by the Spirit of God are children of God. For you did not receive a spirit of slavery to fall back in fear, but you received a spirit of adoption. When we cry, "Abba! Father!" it is that very Spirit bearing witness with our spirit that we are children of God (Romans 8:14-16).
We don't obey out of fear, we don't fear the judge, but we obey because of loving appreciation for all that our Father has done to save us!

Video Commentary...​



ToGather Worship Guide | More ToGather Videos


My Prayer...​


Holy and Righteous Judge, I am glad that my fate, my future, and my life are in your hands. I know about your love for me because of the gift of Jesus. I know about your desire to save me because of your loving grace. I know your demand for holiness in me is met by the sacrifice of your Son. So God, I gladly and willingly trust my life, my soul, and my eternal future to you. I offer you my obedience in humble appreciation for all you have done for me. In Jesus' name, I thank you. Amen.

All scripture quotations, unless otherwise indicated, are taken from the HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION. © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by International Bible Society. Used by permission of Zondervan Publishing House.

Continue reading...
 

Latest Activity (auto refresh)

Loading…

Similar Requests

  • Article Article
Thus saith the LORD, thy Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel; I am the LORD thy God which teacheth thee to profit, which leadeth thee by the way that thou shouldest go. —Isaiah 48:17 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... Don't you sometimes long for the pillar of fire at night and the cloud by day...
Replies
0
Views
81
  • Article Article
And even to your old age I am he; and even to hoar hairs will I carry you: I have made, and I will bear; even I will carry, and will deliver you. —Isaiah 46:4 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... This promise was originally made in Isaiah's day to the faithful remnant of God's people living...
Replies
0
Views
106
  • Article Article
Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee. —Isaiah 26:3 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... It is naive, on one hand, to think that trusting in God makes all of our problems go away. Christians have many of the same problems that unbelievers...
Replies
0
Views
83
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Forum statistics

Threads
2,091,802
Messages
16,781,082
Members
648,359
Latest member
Ghiydararr

Latest Blogs & Articles

Back
Top Bottom