Today's Verse - Isaiah 29:15 (KJV)

Woe unto them that seek deep to hide their counsel from the LORD, and their works are in the dark, and they say, Who seeth us? and who knoweth us?

—Isaiah 29:15 (KJV)

Thoughts on Today's Verse...​


Aren't we so very silly sometimes! We hide what we've done and what we're planning from the LORD. Of course, we're only fooling ourselves. At first glance, God's knowing our plans and seeing our actions may feel threatening. But after a bit of time to think it through, isn't it nice that God does see everything, including our motives and thoughts? This ensures justice will be done, and our mess-ups will be evaluated in terms of our intentions, not just our failures and rebellion! On top of that, it also means that those who plot to do us harm will have to answer to God, and we don't have to worry about "settling the score" or "getting even."

My Prayer...​


Forgive me, Father, when I've tried to hide my plans and thoughts from you. Create a new and clean heart in me so that I am unafraid of your knowing anything going on in my heart. By the power of your Spirit, stir my spirit to desire your character and long for your presence in my life. I want to live dedicated to your glory and serving your Kingdom. In Jesus' name, I pray. Amen.

All scripture quotations, unless otherwise indicated, are taken from the HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION. © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by International Bible Society. Used by permission of Zondervan Publishing House.

Continue reading...
 
Woe unto them that seek deep to hide their counsel from the LORD, and their works are in the dark, and they say, Who seeth us? and who knoweth us?

—Isaiah 29:15 (KJV)

Thoughts on Today's Verse...​


Aren't we so very silly sometimes! We hide what we've done and what we're planning from the LORD. Of course, we're only fooling ourselves. At first glance, God's knowing our plans and seeing our actions may feel threatening. But after a bit of time to think it through, isn't it nice that God does see everything, including our motives and thoughts? This ensures justice will be done, and our mess-ups will be evaluated in terms of our intentions, not just our failures and rebellion! On top of that, it also means that those who plot to do us harm will have to answer to God, and we don't have to worry about "settling the score" or "getting even."

My Prayer...​


Forgive me, Father, when I've tried to hide my plans and thoughts from you. Create a new and clean heart in me so that I am unafraid of your knowing anything going on in my heart. By the power of your Spirit, stir my spirit to desire your character and long for your presence in my life. I want to live dedicated to your glory and serving your Kingdom. In Jesus' name, I pray. Amen.

All scripture quotations, unless otherwise indicated, are taken from the HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION. © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by International Bible Society. Used by permission of Zondervan Publishing House.

Continue reading...
No one can hide anything from God's sight. He knows everything what is going on in our heart and knows our deeds.
 

Latest Activity (auto refresh)

Loading…

Similar Requests

  • Article Article
Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee. —Isaiah 26:3 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... It is naive, on one hand, to think that trusting in God makes all of our problems go away. Christians have many of the same problems that unbelievers...
Replies
0
Views
87
  • Article Article
Thus saith the LORD, thy Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel; I am the LORD thy God which teacheth thee to profit, which leadeth thee by the way that thou shouldest go. —Isaiah 48:17 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... Don't you sometimes long for the pillar of fire at night and the cloud by day...
Replies
0
Views
90
  • Article Article
And even to your old age I am he; and even to hoar hairs will I carry you: I have made, and I will bear; even I will carry, and will deliver you. —Isaiah 46:4 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... This promise was originally made in Isaiah's day to the faithful remnant of God's people living...
Replies
0
Views
107
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Forum statistics

Threads
2,094,428
Messages
16,811,128
Members
650,802
Latest member
Ireamarsor

Latest Blogs & Articles

Back
Top Bottom