Today's Verse - Isaiah 2:22 (KJV)

Nobody is reading this thread right now.

Cease ye from man, whose breath is in his nostrils: for wherein is he to be accounted of ?

Isaiah 2:22 (KJV)

Thoughts on Today's Verse...​

God will humble the arrogant. He has a day he has designated to do this. But, until that day dawns, God's Kingdom people must live knowing that even the apparent all-powerful evil of the ungodly around us will be brought to ruin. We must not trust human power; it can evaporate like dew in the morning sunshine. Human power is limited by its mortality — a human "has but a breath in his nostrils," Isaiah reminds us. When the breath of a tyrant is gone, so is his power. All that remains is the evil residue left behind. Our trust must be in YHWH Tzevaot, the LORD of hosts, God of heaven's armies, the LORD God Almighty. Anything or anyone else is a dim, small, distorted reflection of the real thing.

My Prayer...​

Abba Father, forgive me for those times I have relied on my savvy, wit, and insight into life. Forgive me for not trusting in your deliverance and for relying on underhanded ways, improper partners, and corrupt politicians to bring your righteousness and justice. Please cleanse me and create in me a pure heart and an unquenchable passion for you. In Jesus' name, I pray. Amen.

All scripture quotations, unless otherwise indicated, are taken from the HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION. © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by International Bible Society. Used by permission of Zondervan Publishing House.

Continue reading...

Similar Requests

• Article
That ye put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts; and be renewed in the spirit of your mind.. —Ephesians 4:22-23 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... God makes us new when we become disciples of Jesus (2 Corinthians 5:17). Most of...
Replies
Views
  • Article
And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul. —Genesis 2:7 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... We are God's creation, each of us. He fashioned and formed our original ancestor out of the dust of the...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Now unto God and our Father be glory for ever and ever. Amen. —Philippians 4:20 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... When was the last time you prayed and didn't request anything from God? You simply thanked and praised God. Why not use today as a day of thanks and praise? Don't ask for...
Replies
Views
  • Article
But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him. God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth. —John 4:23-24 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... God...
Replies
Views
  • Article
From whom the whole body fitly joined together and compacted by that which every joint supplieth, according to the effectual working in the measure of every part, maketh increase of the body unto the edifying of itself in love. —Ephesians 4:16 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... Ephesians and...
Replies
Views
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Latest Blogs & Articles

Top Bottom