Cease ye from man, whose breath is in his nostrils: for wherein is he to be accounted of ?

—Isaiah 2:22 (KJV)

Thoughts on Today's Verse...​



How often have you been disappointed by someone you voted for? How many friends have betrayed you? Have you ever been abandoned by a loved one? How many church leaders have let you down?

While we love others and care about them, every other person in our world is just like us. Each is a flawed human being who breathes the same air and walks the same ground as we do. Only One is worthy of our ultimate trust. He showed us by sacrificing what was most precious to him so we could know his love. Let's not put our hope in other mere mortals; only God can safeguard our trust and ensure our future. Let's put our hope in him!


My Prayer...​


Father, you know the broken places in my heart that were caused by the failure of people in my life. I confess that I have sometimes become disillusioned with your way because of the failures and inconsistencies in your people. Deep down I know, dear Father, that their failures do not mean your failure, but it is hard for it not to feel that way. Call me close to you. Give me a more gracious heart toward those who fail me. Establish my faith, strong and firm in you, O LORD. In you, O God, I put my trust. In Jesus' name. Amen.

All scripture quotations, unless otherwise indicated, are taken from the HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION. © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by International Bible Society. Used by permission of Zondervan Publishing House.

Continue reading...
 

Latest Activity (auto refresh)

Loading…

Similar Requests

  • Article Article
For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; he will save us. —Isaiah 33:22 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... When we think about God as our Judge, we normally think of falling under judgment and receiving punishment. Isaiah reminds us that God's being our Judge...
Replies
1
Views
106
  • Article Article
Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee. —Isaiah 26:3 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... It is naive, on one hand, to think that trusting in God makes all of our problems go away. Christians have many of the same problems that unbelievers...
Replies
0
Views
86
  • Article Article
And even to your old age I am he; and even to hoar hairs will I carry you: I have made, and I will bear; even I will carry, and will deliver you. —Isaiah 46:4 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... This promise was originally made in Isaiah's day to the faithful remnant of God's people living...
Replies
0
Views
106
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Forum statistics

Threads
2,093,121
Messages
16,796,139
Members
649,663
Latest member
Ploerlath

Latest Blogs & Articles

Back
Top Bottom