Today's Verse - Isaiah 2:17-18 (KJV)

Nobody is reading this thread right now.

And the loftiness of man shall be bowed down, and the haughtiness of men shall be made low: and the LORD alone shall be exalted in that day. And the idols he shall utterly abolish.

Isaiah 2:17-18 (KJV)

Thoughts on Today's Verse...​

Sometimes, when we are "too big for our britches," we find ourselves humbled by a natural disaster, world war, incurable disease, economic depression, or widespread social disorder. Our arrogance functions as a predictor of our own impending fall. Is there a general principle of our universe at work here? ("Pride goes before a fall.") Is this the active discipline of God at work? ("God disciplines those he loves.") I guess the answer is "Yes!" to both questions. God and his world remind us that there is so much about our lives we can't control. This passage goes beyond the general principles and promises an ultimate day when human arrogance will be eliminated and all false gods disappear. On that day, God's children will rejoice and be glad! Until then, let's walk humbly with our God and anticipate the day Jesus returns, arrogance is brought down, and pride is exchanged for humility. O, what a glorious day that will be!

My Prayer...​

Dear Father in heaven, please humble me gently. I don't want to lose my awareness of your abiding presence by becoming too full of myself. Neither do I want to bring disaster upon myself or those I love because of my arrogance. Please give me an undivided heart, dear Father, a heart devoted to you out of appreciation for your grace, mercy, and love. In the name of the LORD Jesus, I pray. Amen.

All scripture quotations, unless otherwise indicated, are taken from the HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION. © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by International Bible Society. Used by permission of Zondervan Publishing House.

Continue reading...

Similar Requests

• Article
Therefore to him that knoweth to do good, and doeth it not, to him it is sin. —James 4:17 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... James' brother, Jesus, taught this principle when he healed on the Sabbath (Mark 3:1-7) and told the parable of the Good Samaritan (Luke 10:29-37). If we have the...
Replies
Views
  • Article
There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love. —1 John 4:18 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... Do you remember what Jesus said when he walked on the water, coming to his disciples through the storm? He told...
Replies
Views
  • Article
But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord. —2 Corinthians 3:18 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... "Transformed ... with ever-increasing glory." In other words, it's an...
Replies
Views
  • Article
But what things were gain to me, those I counted loss for Christ. Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ. —Philippians 3:7-8...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Now unto God and our Father be glory for ever and ever. Amen. —Philippians 4:20 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... When was the last time you prayed and didn't request anything from God? You simply thanked and praised God. Why not use today as a day of thanks and praise? Don't ask for...
Replies
Views
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Latest Blogs & Articles

Top Bottom