Learn to do well; seek judgment, relieve the oppressed, judge the fatherless, plead for the widow.

—Isaiah 1:17 (KJV)

Thoughts on Today's Verse...​


We find it easy to be incensed when wrong is done to a friend. We are ready to fight injustice when someone we love has been wronged. However, God reminds us that our worship means little if we do not also protect those who are weak, marginalized, oppressed, and forgotten. It's not just our friends who need our help; it's also those who have no friends who need us. "To do right" doesn't just mean being a good person and avoiding evil in our sanctified little enclaves; it also means caring, comforting, and encouraging those no one else wants to notice.

My Prayer...​


Forgive me, dear Father, for being selfish with your love and grace. I confess that I often find it easy to stay near those who are like me — who look like me, think like me, and dress like me. I know that many in the world around me do not have a friend, much less a defender. Open my eyes, dear LORD, to see those in my world that you would have me protect, encourage, and bless. In Jesus' name, I pray. Amen.

All scripture quotations, unless otherwise indicated, are taken from the HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION. © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by International Bible Society. Used by permission of Zondervan Publishing House.

Continue reading...
 
I stand n pray for others who are alone n need friend .. I will pray for all of them that lord hear there cries n give mercy n heal all those who need healing comfort n our lord be there best friend forever 🙏🙏Amen🙌🏻👏###
 
I know I am thankful for every prayer in the Bible for widows for all other widows and for myself too in Jesus Holy Name. Amen.
 

Latest Activity (auto refresh)

Loading…

Similar Requests

  • Article Article
Thus saith the LORD, thy Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel; I am the LORD thy God which teacheth thee to profit, which leadeth thee by the way that thou shouldest go. —Isaiah 48:17 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... Don't you sometimes long for the pillar of fire at night and the cloud by day...
Replies
0
Views
83
  • Article Article
Wash you, make you clean; put away the evil of your doings from before mine eyes; cease to do evil; Learn to do well; seek judgment, relieve the oppressed, judge the fatherless, plead for the widow. —Isaiah 1:16-17 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... Do you find it easy to replace service to...
Replies
0
Views
387
  • Article Article
And even to your old age I am he; and even to hoar hairs will I carry you: I have made, and I will bear; even I will carry, and will deliver you. —Isaiah 46:4 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... This promise was originally made in Isaiah's day to the faithful remnant of God's people living...
Replies
0
Views
106
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Forum statistics

Threads
2,093,137
Messages
16,796,598
Members
649,687
Latest member
Twtaroitor

Latest Blogs & Articles

Back
Top Bottom