Today's Verse - Hosea 2:19-20 (KJV)

Nobody is reading this thread right now.

And I will betroth thee unto me for ever; yea, I will betroth thee unto me in righteousness, and in judgment, and in lovingkindness, and in mercies. I will even betroth thee unto me in faithfulness: and thou shalt know the LORD.

Hosea 2:19-20 (KJV)

Thoughts on Today's Verse...​

God longed for Israel to be faithful to him. Despite their unfaithfulness in the past, God offered his people forgiveness and hope, again and again, so they could be restored to a relationship with him. Now God reaches out to his New Covenant people, Jesus' church, and offers this promise because of Jesus' Passion and resurrection. Since the LORD was willing to pay such an incredibly high price to betroth us (2 Corinthians 11:2-3) to himself, forever, in love, righteousness, and justice, we MUST respond with appreciation and obedience so we can celebrate the lavish wedding feast of Jesus and his bride (Revelation 19:9, 7-8). Let's acknowledge the LORD and live faithfully anticipating this glorious day!

My Prayer...​

Dear Heavenly Father, God of compassion, forgive us, your people — both under the previous covenant and now under the New Covenant through Jesus. Forgive us for our unfaithfulness. Open our eyes to your gracious and steadfast love. Help us as we seek to respond with obedience to your love, faithfulness, righteousness, and love-based justice. In Jesus' name, we pray. Amen.

All scripture quotations, unless otherwise indicated, are taken from the HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION. © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by International Bible Society. Used by permission of Zondervan Publishing House.

Continue reading...

A riveting and compelling call to prayer shows you that your prayer life can be what God intends it to be. The child of God is driven to say, “I must pray, pray, pray. I must put all my energy and all my heart into prayer. Whatever else I do, I must pray.” This and other resources are now integrated into the Virtual Prayer Partner that you can interact with.

Similar Requests

• Article
Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord. And he shall send Jesus Christ, which before was preached unto you: —Acts 3:19-20 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... When did you last catch...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us, Unto him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, world without end. Amen. —Ephesians 3:20-21 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... We have far...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Fear not, O land; be glad and rejoice: for the LORD will do great things. —Joel 2:21 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... This reassurance from God is given to a people facing desperate times — times which God caused to lead his people to repent of their evil ways. Their land was desolate and...
Replies
Views
  • Article
But where are thy gods that thou hast made thee? let them arise, if they can save thee in the time of thy trouble: for according to the number of thy cities are thy gods, O Judah. —Jeremiah 2:28 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... Let's focus on a straightforward concept today. We must worship...
Replies
Views
  • Article
With all lowliness and meekness, with longsuffering, forbearing one another in love; Endeavouring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace. —Ephesians 4:2-3 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... Effort, sweat, and dedication seem to have become the profanity of Western Christianity...
Replies
Views
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Latest Blogs & Articles

Top Bottom