Nobody is reading this thread right now.

Remember them which have the rule over you, who have spoken unto you the word of God: whose faith follow, considering the end of their conversation.

Hebrews 13:7 (KJV)

Thoughts on Today's Verse...​

What makes a great Christian leader? The Holy Spirit emphasizes three things in this passage:

1. They teach others the word of God.
  2. They live as great examples for others.
  3. They have observable faith.

God puts each of us in unique positions of influence with our children, friends, coworkers, relatives, neighbors, and brothers and sisters from our church. What kind of spiritual leadership are we showing them?

My Prayer...​

God of all grace and Father of all compassion, please empower me through the Holy Spirit to be a better Christian leader to the people you have put in my sphere of influence. Strengthen me as I seek to live a life worth imitating. I pray this in the authority of Jesus and his mighty name. Amen.

All scripture quotations, unless otherwise indicated, are taken from the HOLY BIBLE, NEW INTERNATIONAL VERSION. © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by International Bible Society. Used by permission of Zondervan Publishing House.

Continue reading...

Do you know how to pray? Read this powerful compilation of Spurgeon, Ryle, Bunyan and others. Includes titles such as Continue in Prayer, Hindrances to Prayer, and What True Prayer Is. This and other resources are now integrated into the Virtual Prayer Partner that you can interact with.

Similar Requests

• Article
I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. —Philippians 4:13 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... I don't know about you, but I know I've grown soft and spoiled because of all the conveniences I have allowed into my life. If these conveniences were to vanish suddenly, could I...
Replies
Views
  • Article
And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father. —Galatians 4:6-7 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... The first vocalizations of many babies are the syllables "ab-ba, ab-ba, ab-ba." Not surprisingly, in Jesus' day, abba was the tender...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Brethren, be followers together of me, and mark them which walk so as ye have us for an ensample. —Philippians 3:17 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... Some critics of preaching and preachers say, "I would rather see a sermon any day than hear one." I'm not distressed because people want to...
Replies
Views
  • Article
For God hath not called us unto uncleanness, but unto holiness. He therefore that despiseth, despiseth not man, but God, who hath also given unto us his holy Spirit. —1 Thessalonians 4:7-8 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... The call to holiness is easy to ignore in a world that lives by very...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Those things, which ye have both learned, and received, and heard, and seen in me, do: and the God of peace shall be with you. —Philippians 4:9 (KJV) Thoughts on Today's Verse... I don't know about you, but I genuinely hope my life reflects what I say and teach. What a great statement to be...
Replies
Views
Your donations for running this web site are greatly appreciated.

Click To Make A Donation

Latest Blogs & Articles

Top Bottom